Principal and Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Mar
Overview of Role
Are you passionate about using your fundraising skills and
expertise in service of Planned Parenthood’s commitment to “care,
no matter what”? Do you believe in expanding rights and access for
The Principal and Major Gifts Officer is a new high-level role
that connects Silicon Valley donors and stakeholders with the
country’s largest Planned Parenthood affiliate at a critical time
for reproductive health and rights. The right candidate is a
seasoned fundraising and non-profit professional ready to create
new relationships and stewards current donors, resulting in six-
and seven-figure gifts for PPMM. Learn
more and apply here.
As part of this team of amazing, mission-driven people,
- Play a central role in advancing PPMM’s principal and major
gifts program to successfully identify, cultivate, solicit, and
steward principal and major gift ($100,000+) prospects and
- Interact with PPMM staff leads to formulate strategies and
“cases for support”
- Prepare senior leadership, including the CEO, for donor
meetings and leverage senior leadership for stewarding key
- Develop and meet measurable goals for PPMM’s principal and
major gift program in alignment with the goals of the development
department and the best practices of Moves Management.
- Plan and implement donor activities, meetings, and events with
support from the Events Manager, Vice President of Major Gifts, and
Chief Development Officer.
- Represents PPMM with influential public audiences in the region
as a senior fundraiser.
We are looking for people with:
- Seven or more years of progressively increasing fundraising
experience and have five or more years’ experience in major donor
fundraising, including closing five and six-figure+ gifts.
- You are sophisticated and comfortable engaging with C-Suite
executives, donors and local philanthropists.
- You have experience giving ‘concierge’ service to donors and
prospects, engaging with them as an equal partner in their
- You have the soft skills and analytical skills to glean donors’
- You are comfortable using wealth screening software, database
tools and other technologies for data-driven decision making when
- You enjoy writing and editing major gifts solicitation
proposals, letters, stewardship reports and other fundraising
communications in a donor centric manner.
- You think out of the box to find creative ways to prospect,
cultivate, solicit and steward Individual donors.
- You practice ethical fundraising, are deeply committed to
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) in the fundraising
profession, and manage donor relationships with discretion and
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Our
competitive, comprehensive benefits to employees and their
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage options
- Generous vacation, sick, and holiday benefits
- 401K Retirement plan with employer contribution
- Voluntary life/AD&D, accident insurance, critical illness
- Medical & dependent care flexible spending account (FSA)
- Commuter, mass transit & parking benefits
- Free employee assistance programs, such as UNUM Life Balance,
Calm, & Ginger
- Robust training opportunities and continuing medical education
- CME Reimbursement + paid time off to attend training for
Care. No Matter What.
We are Planned Parenthood Mar Monte (PPMM), the largest Planned
Parenthood affiliate in the U.S., providing medical and education
services to more than 220,000 people annually at over 30 health
center locations in mid-California and northern Nevada.