Senior Grant Writer
- New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
- New York, United States
- $60,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Closing date
- Oct 5, 2022
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Prospect Research, Special Events, Programs, Community Outreach, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Other Programs, Administrative, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- For-Profit Companies, Research, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Senior Grant Writer to join its Institutional Giving group in the Development Department.
To assist in achieving its mission, NAC is seeking a Senior Grant Writer to join its growing Development Department. The selected candidate will report to the Director of Institutional Giving. They will write proposals for new and existing programs as well as grants reports. They will also research and track funders and potential funders.
Title of Position: Senior Grant Writer
Position Type: Full Time.
Pay Range: Based on Experience
Location: 37 West 26th Street 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010
Description of Responsibilities:
- Generates revenues for NAC programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant proposals, taking a lead role in many larger, more complex grant opportunities
- Works with the Director of Institutional Giving and Executive staff to manage donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for grants.
- Works with the Director of Institutional Giving to prioritize funding opportunities
- Liaisons with program staff to develop solid understanding of organization’s programs, initiatives, and history
- Works with the CFO and program staff to formulate budgets for proposals
- Collaborates with QI to finalize bi-annual client census counts
- Writes progress reports to corporate and foundation funders
- Identifies funding opportunities and new programs to match NAC priorities, using research
- Assists with making contacts related to fundraising, such as contacting other agencies for letters of support; contacting funders as needed to obtain/update information, promote NAC and secure funding
- Assists with preparation for meetings such as the Board Development Committee as necessary
- Monitors paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programming.
Required Education and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in grant writing, preferably with a non-profit social services institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related subject; Master’s degree preferred
- Computer literacy: Excel, Word and experience with on-line research and resources required
- Knowledge of social services field experience helpful.
How to Apply:
Please indicate “Senior Grant Writer“ in the subject line when applying. Please submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. was founded on the principle of inclusion. We strive to create and maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace at all levels. It is not enough to serve; we must strive to dismantle oppressive policies and practices.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert