The Executive Director of Advancement will be responsible for
lead fundraising efforts for a variety of University Initiatives,
including the Division of Student Life, Parent and Family Programs,
UF Honors Program, and the Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars
Program. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of
Development/Executive Director of the UF Alumni Association and
work in conjunction with the Vice President of Student Life and the
Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs. The Executive Director
of Advancement will lead, facilitate, and work synergistically in
specific priority areas of the University and UF Advancement. He or
she will ensure conformity with the central fundraising efforts,
the overall university advancement and alumni relations programs
and goals, while promoting a culture of philanthropy by broadening
constituents’ understanding of the value of giving and providing
targeted engagement opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a portfolio of major and leadership gift
prospects/donors for the identification, cultivation, solicitation
for University Initiatives where gift is assessed at $100,000 and
above; strategically manage 100+ face-to-face visits per year to
bring gift solicitations to closure.
- Maintain a portfolio of fundraising prospects for the
cultivation of major gifts specifically focused on parent and
family programs and university initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to
inform constituents and identified markets about the mission,
vision, and values as it pertains to University Initiatives, its
funding priorities, and gift opportunities.
- Develop and present major gift proposals to acknowledge and
recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and
appropriate to the mission, vision and values.
- Develop new fundraising initiatives to broaden the University’s
donor base and build new donor/parent pipelines. Create
innovative and creative outreach strategy to identify, cultivate,
and solicit current freshman and sophomore parents for gifts
accessed at $100,000 and above.
- Work with central development office to set objectives and
goals for the solicitation of donor parent/family prospects.
- Work with the Strategic Communications & Marketing team to
coordinate solicitation communications to key constituencies.
Contribute to the production of publications and electronic
- Ensure established goals and objectives for University
Initiatives are achieved, including strategic planning,
fundraising, stewardship and marketing.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Student Life, , and
Associate Provost of Undergraduate Affairs to ensure goals and
objectives for University Initiatives are achieved, including
strategic planning, fundraising, stewardship and marketing.
- Provide strategic planning for and implementation of
fundraising programs designed to secure funding in support of the
mission and vision of University Initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate workgroups that support campaign,
fundraising, and strategic planning efforts for University
- Work closely with University and UF Advancement leadership to
develop priorities for the upcoming comprehensive campaign and to
integrate with university campaign priorities and fundraising
- Participate in the planning and implementation of
cultivation/stewardship events and donor/prospect
- Coordinate fundraising for UF central initiatives, including
facilities enhancements and campus wide master plan.
- Partner with University and UF Advancement leadership to
facilitate an understanding of what would be of interest to donors
and to define the best way to approach prospective donors.
- Develop and attend University Initiatives programs and events
on and off-campus.
- Develop, lead, and implement a donor Parent and Family Program
that aligns with the organization’s national ambitions and
- Work in partnership with the Annual Giving team to develop and
implement strategies to retain and increase the number of annual
Parent and Family, MFOS, Honors, and UF Library donors and oversee
- Create and provide oversight to a National leadership council
of parent and families to help drive and support strategic issues
and initiatives. Oversee council to include recruiting, tracking
volunteer solicitation, and maintaining regular
- Provide oversight of fundraising efforts for the MFOS program
and other student life priority programs and initiatives.
Oversee and manage the MFOS Leadership Council.
- Work in partnership with Alumni Relations to develop a strategy
for parent/family program and MFOS program support activities
involving volunteers and prospects.
- Support and collaborate with the Associate Deans, Directors,
and key staff and faculty members on programmatic planning and
- Communicate effectively with colleagues to foster a University
approach to engaging parent/families.
- Manage and facilitate the development of the Honors Program,
ROTC, and other “key” undergraduate interdisciplinary programs
managed by the Office of the Provost and/or Vice President for
Student Life; identify potential funding needs of these
constituents that can be satisfied through philanthropy. Serve as
the liaison with UF admission.
- Build and maintain a strong team of development
professionals. Evaluate staff, develop a strong sense of
teamwork, and establish an environment of mentoring and
support. Coach the team and bring cohesion to the
- Effectively manage staff using talent management best practices
in alignment with UF Advancement’s Vision and Values of Excellence,
Discovery & Innovation, Inclusion, Freedom & Civility,
Community and Stewardship., ensure best practices in office
systems, practices, files and record keeping; ensure effective use
of strategic tools and resources such as contact reports, prospect
management, research, and analysis, and the Advance database.
- Provide strategic direction to the leadership councils, and
collaborate with other workgroups that support campaign and
strategic planning efforts.
- Develop and implement a plan to create partnerships with
corporate leadership to enhance revenue generating relationships,
including gift funding and enrollment in executive and professional
programs with corporations.
- Build collaborative, productive relationships with deans and
units and provide leadership to enhance strategic fundraising.
- Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best
practices. Implement changes accordingly to maintain
competitiveness among peers and to meet goals and objectives as
determined by strategic plan and goals.
- Develop support for the program by effectively involving
stakeholders, such as volunteers, faculty, staff, and members of
the advisory board, in efforts supporting the fundraising
- Plan and monitor the budget, using resources for best results
in fundraising and planning activities involving volunteers,
prospects, faculty and administration.
- Evaluate and analyze programs using established attributes and
metrics to produce accurate reports, to guide effective decision
making and to achieve the vision, mission, and values of UF
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and eight
years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in
appropriate areas of specialization and ten years of
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter,
resume and three references.
Application must be submitted by October 16, 2022 11:55