Executive Director of Advancement
- University of Florida Advancement
- Florida, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Oct 16, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Fundraising, Alumni Affairs, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Special Events
- Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Executive Director of Advancement will be responsible for lead fundraising efforts for a variety of University Initiatives, including the Division of Student Life, Parent and Family Programs, UF Honors Program, and the Machen Florida Opportunity Scholars Program. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Development/Executive Director of the UF Alumni Association and work in conjunction with the Vice President of Student Life and the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Affairs. The Executive Director of Advancement will lead, facilitate, and work synergistically in specific priority areas of the University and UF Advancement. He or she will ensure conformity with the central fundraising efforts, the overall university advancement and alumni relations programs and goals, while promoting a culture of philanthropy by broadening constituents’ understanding of the value of giving and providing targeted engagement opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a portfolio of major and leadership gift prospects/donors for the identification, cultivation, solicitation for University Initiatives where gift is assessed at $100,000 and above; strategically manage 100+ face-to-face visits per year to bring gift solicitations to closure.
- Maintain a portfolio of fundraising prospects for the cultivation of major gifts specifically focused on parent and family programs and university initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to inform constituents and identified markets about the mission, vision, and values as it pertains to University Initiatives, its funding priorities, and gift opportunities.
- Develop and present major gift proposals to acknowledge and recognize gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and appropriate to the mission, vision and values.
- Develop new fundraising initiatives to broaden the University’s donor base and build new donor/parent pipelines. Create innovative and creative outreach strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit current freshman and sophomore parents for gifts accessed at $100,000 and above.
- Work with central development office to set objectives and goals for the solicitation of donor parent/family prospects.
- Work with the Strategic Communications & Marketing team to coordinate solicitation communications to key constituencies. Contribute to the production of publications and electronic communications.
- Ensure established goals and objectives for University Initiatives are achieved, including strategic planning, fundraising, stewardship and marketing.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Student Life, , and Associate Provost of Undergraduate Affairs to ensure goals and objectives for University Initiatives are achieved, including strategic planning, fundraising, stewardship and marketing.
- Provide strategic planning for and implementation of fundraising programs designed to secure funding in support of the mission and vision of University Initiatives.
- Lead and facilitate workgroups that support campaign, fundraising, and strategic planning efforts for University Initiatives.
- Work closely with University and UF Advancement leadership to develop priorities for the upcoming comprehensive campaign and to integrate with university campaign priorities and fundraising efforts.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of cultivation/stewardship events and donor/prospect communications.
- Coordinate fundraising for UF central initiatives, including facilities enhancements and campus wide master plan.
- Partner with University and UF Advancement leadership to facilitate an understanding of what would be of interest to donors and to define the best way to approach prospective donors.
- Develop and attend University Initiatives programs and events on and off-campus.
- Develop, lead, and implement a donor Parent and Family Program that aligns with the organization’s national ambitions and priorities.
- Work in partnership with the Annual Giving team to develop and implement strategies to retain and increase the number of annual Parent and Family, MFOS, Honors, and UF Library donors and oversee the stewardship.
- Create and provide oversight to a National leadership council of parent and families to help drive and support strategic issues and initiatives. Oversee council to include recruiting, tracking volunteer solicitation, and maintaining regular communications.
- Provide oversight of fundraising efforts for the MFOS program and other student life priority programs and initiatives. Oversee and manage the MFOS Leadership Council.
- Work in partnership with Alumni Relations to develop a strategy for parent/family program and MFOS program support activities involving volunteers and prospects.
- Support and collaborate with the Associate Deans, Directors, and key staff and faculty members on programmatic planning and effective communication.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues to foster a University approach to engaging parent/families.
- Manage and facilitate the development of the Honors Program, ROTC, and other “key” undergraduate interdisciplinary programs managed by the Office of the Provost and/or Vice President for Student Life; identify potential funding needs of these constituents that can be satisfied through philanthropy. Serve as the liaison with UF admission.
- Build and maintain a strong team of development professionals. Evaluate staff, develop a strong sense of teamwork, and establish an environment of mentoring and support. Coach the team and bring cohesion to the department.
- Effectively manage staff using talent management best practices in alignment with UF Advancement’s Vision and Values of Excellence, Discovery & Innovation, Inclusion, Freedom & Civility, Community and Stewardship., ensure best practices in office systems, practices, files and record keeping; ensure effective use of strategic tools and resources such as contact reports, prospect management, research, and analysis, and the Advance database.
- Provide strategic direction to the leadership councils, and collaborate with other workgroups that support campaign and strategic planning efforts.
- Develop and implement a plan to create partnerships with corporate leadership to enhance revenue generating relationships, including gift funding and enrollment in executive and professional programs with corporations.
- Build collaborative, productive relationships with deans and units and provide leadership to enhance strategic fundraising.
- Research industry standards, trends, breakthroughs and best practices. Implement changes accordingly to maintain competitiveness among peers and to meet goals and objectives as determined by strategic plan and goals.
- Develop support for the program by effectively involving stakeholders, such as volunteers, faculty, staff, and members of the advisory board, in efforts supporting the fundraising program.
- Plan and monitor the budget, using resources for best results in fundraising and planning activities involving volunteers, prospects, faculty and administration.
- Evaluate and analyze programs using established attributes and metrics to produce accurate reports, to guide effective decision making and to achieve the vision, mission, and values of UF Advancement.
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and eight years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in appropriate areas of specialization and ten years of experience.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume and three references.
Application must be submitted by October 16, 2022 11:55 p.m. (ET).
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert