Manhattanville College is an independent, coeducational, liberal
arts college located about 30 miles north of New York City on a
picturesque campus of 100 acres. The College enrolls a nationally
and internationally diverse student body of approximately 2,500
undergraduate and graduate students with over 40% of our students
coming from historically underrepresented populations. Building on
its heritage of social justice and social activism, the College
prepares students through rigorous academic and co-curricular
programs, for ethical and socially responsible leadership in a
global community. We achieve this through integrated learning that
combines classroom rigor with experiential opportunities,
leadership with service, intimate attention with global reach,
progressive change with enduring values, and social commitment with
ethical responsibility. The College is fully committed to an
inclusive and culturally diverse faculty, staff and student
community. We seek to recruit qualified and diverse candidates who
will help us achieve our goal of creating an inclusive community
that is welcoming to all people.
Reporting to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement,
the Manager of Advancement Services plays a pivotal role in
supporting the Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) through
database management, gift processing, constituent tracking,
prospect research, and financial reporting of all advancement
- Develop and implement systems for data integrity, data entry,
gift processing, prospect research, and relationship management
using Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge, iModules, Omatic and IWave.
- Document best practices and enforce protocol for data entry to
ensure accuracy and security.
- Train staff and volunteers on database use as needed.
- Create, update and maintain constituent records in Raiser’s
Edge and across all database systems.
- Track movement in database of all prospects through the donor
cycle (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation,
- Conduct research and prepare comprehensive biographical
profiles on donors and prospects in support of solicitation and
board/volunteer recruitment efforts.
- Manage and produce all gift agreements, acknowledgements,
quarterly pledge reminders and stewardship reports, ensuring that
best practices and procedures are followed.
- Implement daily gift entry and acknowledgements, ensuring that
they are timely, accurate and reconciled with the Finance
- Prepare Institutional Advancement reports, including:
fundraising updates, proposals, and scholarship reports.
- Generate prospect/solicitation/mailing lists for all IA team
members as needed.
Required Skills, Experience and
- A minimum of 3 years of experience required, including
knowledge of and experience in records management, gift processing
and data integrity.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge required, including query, export
and report building.
- Experience with IWAVE or comparable wealth screening software
- Must demonstrate initiative and a high level of attention to
- Must be able to work effectively across multiple departments
and at all levels of the College.
- Work on nights and weekends may be required for specific
events, including reunion weekend and other advancement
Manhattanville offers an excellent benefits package,
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- There are monthly employee contributions to these plans
(amounts vary depending upon which option is chosen)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (with election of the high deductible
- Life, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Long-Term
- This is fully paid for by the college. Supplemental Life
Insurance is also available with an additional cost
- Employer paid confidential Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO): FT Administrators accrue 22 vacation days,
3 personal days, and 22 sick days per year (sick days can
accumulate to a maximum of 132 paid days or 6 months).
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), including vacation, personal days
and sick time
- 403(b) Plan through TIAA-CREF
- College contributes 3.5% of your salary when you contribute
- US Alliance Financial Credit Union Membership (optional)
- Paid Family Leave
- Tuition Remission (for classes at Manhattanville)
- Tuition Exchange Program (with other
- Commuter Transit Benefit
For consideration, send cover letter and CV/resume