The Executive Director of
Advancement will be responsible for implementing
programs and a broad range of fundraising activities, focused
primarily on acquiring major/principal gifts for Palm Beach County.
Reporting to the Chief Advancement Officer of Palm Beach County,
this position will be responsible for developing and executing the
fundraising program to fulfill the financial needs as identified by
UF and UF Advancement (UFA). Additionally, the incumbent will serve
as a strategic partner with the unit and Advancement, ensuring
conformity with central fundraising efforts and the overall
development of alumni programs and goals to promote a culture of
philanthropy by broadening constituents’ understanding of the value
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of major and principal level fundraising
prospects and strategically manage relationships through
face-to-face visits to bring gift solicitations to
- Engage with prospective donors and strategically move prospects
through the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and
stewardship gift cycle, with a focus on gifts $100,000 and
- Work closely with faculty, staff and volunteers in the
identification and cultivation of prospective donors.
- Develop effective communication strategies to articulate needs
and priorities via multimodal communication platforms.
- Build and manage relationships, utilizing a strategic moves
management approach to yield maximum philanthropic support in a
- Develop and present concept papers and gift proposals, and
steward gifts in ways that are meaningful to donors and appropriate
to the vision, mission, and values of UF Advancement and Palm Beach
Engagement & Strategic
- Establish regular communication with key individuals from Palm
Beach County and collaborating departments/divisions to identify
specific areas of priority for private support.
- Design and implement strategic initiatives to support Palm
Beach County, UF and UF Advancement priorities and objectives in
partnership with the CAO of Palm Beach County.
- Partner with key stakeholders within Palm Beach County
communities locally and regionally to design and implement
initiatives intended to advance the case for private support.
- Engage prospects and donors through meaningful events and
cultivation of individualized stewardship that prioritize and align
with donor/prospect passions.
- Create a structured process for the identification,
recruitment, evaluation, recognition, and replacement of volunteers
to strengthen fundraising effectiveness.
- Provide leadership, counsel on matters relating to fundraising,
and accountability by establishing goals in alignment with unit
objectives, developing metrics, and strategic planning.
- Responsible for effective prospect tracking, record keeping,
reporting and administration aligned with the metrics and strategic
- Collaborate with leadership for all aspects of the development
program. Work closely with designated stakeholders to determine
appropriate fundraising needs and priorities.
- Partner with leadership to identify new and/or innovative
research breakthroughs that will stimulate donor interest to
advance philanthropy for campaign and Palm Beach County priority
- Coordinate and lead faculty and volunteers in the cultivation
and solicitation of prospective donors.
- Work with, and develop strong relationships with community
stakeholders (e.g. ACS), identify community-based events for
targeted donor engagement solicitation opportunities.
- Participate in alumni and development activities, including but
not limited to Alumni Weekend, volunteer meetings, Commencement,
and donor recognition events.
- Intentionally build and invest in developing strong
relationships with faculty, volunteers, and peers to promote a
culture of philanthropy in support of Palm Beach County and
associated departments and divisions serving the community.
Master’s degree in appropriate area of specialization and eight
years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in
appropriate areas of specialization and ten years of
Special Instructions to
Applicants: Application must be submitted by
September 25, 2022 11:55 p.m. (ET).