International Arts & Artists (IA&A) is a 501(c)3 arts
service organization dedicated to promoting cross-cultural
understanding and exposure to the arts internationally. IA&A
was founded in 1995 and operates in Washington, D.C., with a
professional staff of 15 and at a budget of $2M annually. For more
information, see www.artsandartists.org.
IA&A is comprised of –
- A world-renowned Traveling Exhibition Service that tours 15-25
fine arts & decorative arts exhibitions annually to museums
nationally and internationally.
- An on-site contemporary art space that produces monthly
exhibitions (IA&A at Hillyer).
- An art collection of nearly 400 works (the Hechinger: Tools as
- A Cultural Exchange Program that brings 130+ interns, trainees,
and scholars to the U.S. yearly.
IA&A is a distinctive and unique organization that
requires the vision and leadership of a talented, energetic,
dynamic, entrepreneurial, and thoughtful President / CEO who can
continue its growth.
Ideal candidates will have –
- A passion for IA&A’s mission of increasing cross-cultural
understanding through the arts.
- 10+ years of appropriate professional experience, including at
least five years in an executive role.
- Substantive connections in the arts and strong relationships
with national & international arts leaders.
- A record of success in the growth of her/his past
- A deep understanding of, and a driving commitment to, the arts
and cultural exchange.
- A history of effective leadership and the ability to motivate
and inspire a small but talented team.
- Entrepreneurial instincts with strong business acumen, a drive
for results, and a track record in building new relationships and
developing new programs.
- Track record in building revenue earned and charitable revenue
DRiWaterstone is leading this search for International
Arts & Artists. For more information and to apply, please