The Executive Director of Miami Film Festival and Tower Theater
Miami oversees all operations of both entities, seeking the
strongest possible alignment and branding of all film and ancillary
programming occurring under the MFF umbrella. MFF and TWR operate
as one department under the aegis of the Miami Dade College Office
of Cultural Affairs. The primary responsibilities of the MFF
Executive Director are the following:
- Strategically align financial and human resources with
organizational goals, objectives and aspirations in a way that will
sustainably realize the strategic and artistic vision for MFF.
- Ensure that box office and other earned income streams are
maximized to their fullest potential.
- Forge and maintain important external local/regional/national
- Create a positive and productive working environment, achieve
strong collaboration across the organization, and inspire others to
produce and deliver their best work.
- Develop and support key fundraising relationships, especially
with major institutional donors, and continue the nurturing and
growth of long-held partnerships.
- Ensure that Tower Theater Miami continues to thrive, both as
one of MFF’s principal venues and as an asset to the
- Manage, develop, and inspire a diverse staff team.
- Build a deep and productive partnership with other departments
of Miami Dade College and develop meaningful student engagement
opportunities and co-curricular activities.
A full position description may be found here: https://mcaonline.com/searches/miami-film-executive-director
The salary range
is $102,820 – $128,525, commensurate with experience. There is a
robust benefits package for all Miami Dade College employees,
- Medical/dental/life/disability/vision insurance plans
- A 401k plan or Florida State Pension.
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave, and personal days
- Travel budget
- Professional Staff Accrued Leave (PSAL) and tuition
The Search Committee, composed of three senior managers, hopes
to make its final decision by late fall, with the new Executive
Director onsite as soon thereafter as possible.
Miami Film Festival
(MFF) is a world-class platform for international, American, and
Ibero-American films. The Festival showcases the work of the
world’s best emerging and established filmmakers to the diverse and
cosmopolitan community of Miami. Cash awards totaling more than
$100,000 are given in competition categories. The Festival also
hosts dozens of world-class events every year, including the
Mercado de Cine Frances y Europeo, which brings together over 40
buyers and sellers from Europe and Latin America; annual events in
partnership with VARIETY, including The International Feature Film
Award Roundtable; and numerous workshops, masterclasses, parties,
and industry happy hours. More information about Miami Film
Festival can be found on their website: https://miamifilmfestival.com/