The Business Systems Analyst supports change management, gathers
requirements, and documents complex technical business processes to
reduce risk in the organization. Reporting to the Interim Director
of Project Management & Business Analysis, this position serves
ensures best practices in project management, business analysis,
and change management. Project Management & Business Analysis
collaborates closely with Advancement teams on institution-wide
strategic initiatives to develop, document and implement
departmental and organizational priority projects, process
improvements, and procedures. This position is
eligible to be remote.
Role and Responsibilities:
Business Systems Requirements &
Document discussion and agreements.
Develop process flows, swim lane diagrams and use-cases to
illustrate as-is and to-be states to demonstrate to business
stakeholders that needs have been fully captured.
Produce high-quality documentation targeted primarily to
technical staff including visualization, schemas, workflows,
technical field mapping and procedures.
Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of
Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, code
documentation and workflows, and developer guides.
Create and maintain end user and business user report
documentation and consults with report designers to maintain
consistent standards across reports and systems.
Co-create and maintain data dictionaries for reporting systems,
data warehouse, and applications.
Work within teams to map legacy system processes to new system
- Serve as systems analyst ensuring a consistent approach to
documentation of complex technical data system processes and
- Work across operations to obtain an in-depth understanding of
technical data processes and systems, and how data moves through
the systems, including data warehouses, integration layer software,
structured query procedures, business intelligence software and
access databases which function to support our CRM.
- Assist with data clean up and business rule documentation.
- Guide teams by facilitating discussions to gather, break down,
and understand complex requirements from the process owners and
translates them into functional and technical requirements.
- Coordinate and/or attends planning sessions with process owners
to analyze and define technology needs and requirements:
- Document as-is complex technical business processes, the root
problems and limitations of the current process or tool, and
articulates how a new solution, process, or application would meet
the needs of all users.
- Follow, track and report on defects in technical
processes. Work with lead testing coordinator to identify and
remove impediments and reduce risk.
- Serve as a liaison for new reports and processes between the
object architects and end users.
- Acts as liaison between the customer, project manager and the
- Attend meetings during all phases of technical process
development or review to gather and document current and future
state business rules, processes, and technical requirements.
- Meet regularly with subject matter experts to refine
understanding and improve technical documentation.
- Capture and encourage consensus in meetings and in final
- Monitor project timelines and milestones and follow up on
- Communicates gaps and process intersections across departments
to understand impacts.
- Assist with testing processes, reports, and other systems to
assist with change management, documentation, and compliance with
- Manage business decision tracking for business processes.
- Assist in the development of the information architecture to
house user documentation for both internal and external
- Apply version control standards for access to reference
materials for varied audiences.
- Encourage subject matter expert contributions.
- Analyze existing and potential content architecture, focusing
on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities.
Internal Communication Support
- Serve as a subject matter expert in data processes:
- Synthesizes business rules, policies and procedures into
impactful end user materials including 1-pagers, videos, tutorials,
technical documentation and workflows targeted for varied
- Presents materials to support communication of policies and
procedures across departments.
- Supports communication plans as developed in projects to ensure
communication both internally and externally.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Application
must be submitted by September 25, 2022 11:55pm (ET).