Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement
- University of Colorado Boulder
- Colorado, United States
- $65,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Closing date
- Oct 15, 2022
- Position Type
- Executive, Administrative, Other Administrative
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Office of Advancement at the University of Colorado Boulder is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement! The Executive Assistant is a high-level assistant who provides professional administrative support to the Vice Chancellor for Advancement (VCA) and the Advancement Leadership Team (LT). This position functions with a great deal of independent judgment and discretion while dealing with evolving and sometimes competing and confidential matters of significance. In addition to building productive working relationships with members of the advancement division, the Executive Assistant also maintains effective working relationships with the Office of the Chancellor and other senior leadership on campus, with the CU System, and with the CU Foundation.Who We Are The Office of Advancement is a professional and hard-working advancement team that generates philanthropic support and overall external engagement for the University. Through these philanthropic and engagement efforts, the University is able to attract the brightest students, support and grow our hardworking faculty and strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular programs as we build a foundation of excellence for the future of CU Boulder and the state of Colorado. What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be Administrative Support
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential materials without risk of disclosure.
- Reviews the VCA’s email inbox for items requiring action or response and/or follow-up.
- Maintains action and meeting topic logs.
- Meets regularly with VCA and VCA’s Strategic Advisor to review calendar, upcoming meetings, and travel, ensuring timely preparation.
- Maintains a list of recurring (yearly/quarterly, etc.) activities and deadlines, and proactively works to make the VCA’s office successful in meeting the needs of those activities.
- Works with the VCA and LT to plan agendas and execution of division-wide meetings, both in-person and virtual.
- Copy edits, reviews, and distributes meeting materials under direction of the VCA and Strategic Advisor.
- Reviews and approves staff leave requests and monthly timesheets in MyLeave.
- Collaborates closely with LT to ensure VCA’s role in continued execution of critical initiatives.
- Acts as a point of coordination on behalf of VCA in ensuring that momentum is maintained once projects are initiated.
- Assists the VCA and LT in scheduling and preparing for internal and external meetings, system meetings, and donor meetings. Tasks include scheduling rooms, ensuring clarity of agendas, and reviewing relevant action items and decisions.
- Ensures briefings for donor meetings are prepared in a timely manner.
- Keeps track of and advises VCA of meeting attendees.
- Solicits, sets, and enforces deadlines for meeting materials from others with sufficient time for VCA to review and prepare for meetings.
- Schedules and manages meeting invitations, Zoom reservations, room reservations, logistics and catering, as appropriate.
- Handles and arranges complex and high frequency travel schedule ensuring travel is as efficient and direct as possible.
- Ensures that meetings are well-planned to enhance the VCA’s and LT’s effectiveness.
- Ensures that meeting participants are appropriately prepared for meetings.
- Provides follow-up to meeting participants on behalf of the VCA and LT.
- Collaborates with colleagues to plan/implement all-staff meetings, staff retreats, and employee appreciation events.
- Works closely with Donor Relations, Chancellor’s Office, President’s Office and Athletics Department relative to CU Buffs athletics tickets and invitations.
- Primary point of coordination between CU Foundation and Boulder Advancement regarding the planning of the annual CU Foundation Trustees Meeting hosted by CU Boulder, ensuring coordination begins early in the year and ongoing progress is made for successful execution of the event.
- Ability to navigate A/V for meetings.
- Promotes a positive, welcoming, servant-leader culture in Office of the VCA.
- Manages the office space needs of the VCA and surrounding offices, including furnishings, decorations, filing, printers, organizational needs, etc.
- Builds relationships with Advancement team members (Boulder and system-wide).
- Ensures adherence to all CU Boulder and CU System policies.
- Hires and supervises student assistants for the Office of the VCA.
- Telephone and Parking liaison for the Advancement Division.
- Responsible for the ordering of and budget for VCA and LT office supplies.
- Provides donor database support and basic reports for the VCA and LT.
We anticipate this position will support a hybrid format (remote and in-person work). What We Can Offer The salary range is $65,000 - $75,000 annually.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants. Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder. What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a year-for-year basis).
- Previous administrative experience working with senior level management, or comparable experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures, protocol, and professionalism.
- Ability to work independently and successfully with reliable professional judgment.
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to balance many priorities, sometimes with tight deadlines.
- Strong technology skills is a plus factor.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert