The Office of Advancement at the University of Colorado Boulder
is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Vice Chancellor for
Advancement! The Executive Assistant is a high-level assistant who
provides professional administrative support to the Vice Chancellor
for Advancement (VCA) and the Advancement Leadership Team (LT).
This position functions with a great deal of independent judgment
and discretion while dealing with evolving and sometimes competing
and confidential matters of significance. In addition to building
productive working relationships with members of the advancement
division, the Executive Assistant also maintains effective working
relationships with the Office of the Chancellor and other senior
leadership on campus, with the CU System, and with the CU
Who We Are The Office of Advancement is a professional and
hard-working advancement team that generates philanthropic support
and overall external engagement for the University. Through these
philanthropic and engagement efforts, the University is able to
attract the brightest students, support and grow our hardworking
faculty and strengthen our overall academic and co-curricular
programs as we build a foundation of excellence for the future of
CU Boulder and the state of Colorado. What Your Key
Responsibilities Will Be Administrative Support
Meeting and Event Management
- Handles highly sensitive and confidential materials without
risk of disclosure.
- Reviews the VCA’s email inbox for items requiring action or
response and/or follow-up.
- Maintains action and meeting topic logs.
- Meets regularly with VCA and VCA’s Strategic Advisor to review
calendar, upcoming meetings, and travel, ensuring timely
- Maintains a list of recurring (yearly/quarterly, etc.)
activities and deadlines, and proactively works to make the VCA’s
office successful in meeting the needs of those
- Works with the VCA and LT to plan agendas and execution of
division-wide meetings, both in-person and virtual.
- Copy edits, reviews, and distributes meeting materials under
direction of the VCA and Strategic Advisor.
- Reviews and approves staff leave requests and monthly
timesheets in MyLeave.
- Collaborates closely with LT to ensure VCA’s role in continued
execution of critical initiatives.
- Acts as a point of coordination on behalf of VCA in ensuring
that momentum is maintained once projects are initiated.
- Assists the VCA and LT in scheduling and preparing for internal
and external meetings, system meetings, and donor meetings. Tasks
include scheduling rooms, ensuring clarity of agendas, and
reviewing relevant action items and decisions.
- Ensures briefings for donor meetings are prepared in a timely
- Keeps track of and advises VCA of meeting attendees.
- Solicits, sets, and enforces deadlines for meeting materials
from others with sufficient time for VCA to review and prepare for
- Schedules and manages meeting invitations, Zoom reservations,
room reservations, logistics and catering, as
- Handles and arranges complex and high frequency travel schedule
ensuring travel is as efficient and direct as possible.
- Ensures that meetings are well-planned to enhance the VCA’s and
- Ensures that meeting participants are appropriately prepared
- Provides follow-up to meeting participants on behalf of the VCA
- Collaborates with colleagues to plan/implement all-staff
meetings, staff retreats, and employee appreciation
- Works closely with Donor Relations, Chancellor’s Office,
President’s Office and Athletics Department relative to CU Buffs
athletics tickets and invitations.
- Primary point of coordination between CU Foundation and Boulder
Advancement regarding the planning of the annual CU Foundation
Trustees Meeting hosted by CU Boulder, ensuring coordination begins
early in the year and ongoing progress is made for successful
execution of the event.
- Ability to navigate A/V for meetings.
- Promotes a positive, welcoming, servant-leader culture in
Office of the VCA.
- Manages the office space needs of the VCA and surrounding
offices, including furnishings, decorations, filing, printers,
organizational needs, etc.
- Builds relationships with Advancement team members (Boulder and
- Ensures adherence to all CU Boulder and CU System
- Hires and supervises student assistants for the Office of the
- Telephone and Parking liaison for the Advancement
- Responsible for the ordering of and budget for VCA and LT
- Provides donor database support and basic reports for the VCA
What You Should Know All University of Colorado Boulder employees
are required to comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof
of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within
30 days of employment.
We anticipate this position will support a hybrid format (remote
and in-person work). What We Can Offer The salary range is $65,000
- $75,000 annually.
Relocation assistance is available for qualified applicants.
Benefits The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
What We Require
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution of higher
education or equivalent professional experience. (The educational
requirement may be substituted by professional experience on a
- Previous administrative experience working with senior level
management, or comparable experience.
What You Will Need
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees at all levels.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance
diversity and inclusion.
- Expert ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and
adapt to changing priorities.
- Solid knowledge of general office procedures, protocol, and
- Ability to work independently and successfully with reliable
- Creative problem solver.
- Ability to balance many priorities, sometimes with tight
- Strong technology skills is a plus factor.
Special Instructions Please apply by October 9,
, for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs