The Pershing Square Foundation
New York, New York
About The Pershing Square Foundation: The
Pershing Square Foundation (PSF), a New York-based family
foundation, supports exceptional leaders and innovative
organizations that tackle important social, health, and
environmental issues and deliver scalable and sustainable impact.
For more information, visit: http://www.pershingsquarefoundation.org/.
The Pershing Square Foundation is an equal opportunity
employer and does not tolerate unlawful discrimination in its
employment practices. The company considers applicants based on
qualifications and without regard to race, color, sex, religion,
national origin, genetic information, citizenship, age, disability,
or any other protected status under applicable federal, state, or
About The Position
Title: Program Assistant
PSF is seeking a Program Assistant to support the team on a
variety of projects across its portfolio. The successful candidate
will have a demonstrated interest in the non-profit sector, a
can-do spirit and a desire to contribute positively to the culture
and knowledge of our small, entrepreneurial organization. In this
role, you will be responsible for assisting in grants management,
communications and general program support, working closely with
the Program Director. This includes owning event management and
scheduling, as well as tracking impact metrics and driving multiple
aspects of the grantmaking process. As a member of our team, you
will have the rare opportunity to work on innovative philanthropy
and social investment in exciting areas including the health, the
environment and social justice.
The Pershing Square Foundation has implemented a hybrid work
model, which requires staff to be in the office three days each
week and allows for two days of remote work per week.
- Assist in coordinating events and implementing new programming,
including logistics, communications and serving as on-site (or
- Schedule and prepare for PSF advisory board meetings; work with
the board and Program Director to plan meetings and other board
activities with minimal scheduling conflicts. Assist Program
Director in the collection, management and circulation of
presentations and relevant materials to the board prior to
meetings. Draft meeting minutes.
- Manage all aspects of relevant events, such as board dinners,
team off-site meetings and additional programming, including
scheduling, booking venues, drafting and sending invitations,
managing invite lists, etc.
- Research potential grantees and program areas. Attend relevant
meetings to capture insights and note-take to support program
Grants Management and Administration
- Support President and Program Directors to manage their
calendar of appointments, meetings, and work-related travel. This
may require some research on organizations in addition to
- Assist in managing the pipeline of grantees and
- Assist in the design and execution of grant or investment
deliverables and program review.
- Assist in the oversight of funded research, including
soliciting and tracking annual progress reports and monitoring and
evaluating other impact metrics, such as publications, funding
- Coordinate with the team that handles finance and accounting
for grants and investments.
- Develop, coordinate and manage all internal and external
meetings associated with the programming, oftentimes juggling
competing priorities. Must be detail-oriented, with a clear
understanding of meeting requirements.
- Manage administrative aspects of the grantmaking process,
including data-tracking for grant making as well as reviewing key
documents and organizing information, maintaining the CRM database
to ensure contacts are up to date in CRM software
- Support the Program Director in drafting and copyediting social
media posts and press releases.
- Monitor and compile information on various organizations and
initiatives. Share insights with key staff and research new areas
- Maintain a database of contacts in relevant and new areas of
- Assist with additional communications tasks, as needed.
In addition to the above, there may be ad hoc projects and
additional administrative and programmatic responsibilities
assigned as part of the Program Assistant role.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Two years’ of work experience in a related field preferred. We
are open to considering truly extraordinary candidates who are in
earlier stages of their career.
- A passion for research and non-profit work.
- Driven by the highest ethical standards and values.
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent communicator with impeccable verbal and written
skills and proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential
- Intellectually curious with strong analytical, problem-solving,
and critical thinking skills. Strong learning orientation with
commitment to continuous improvement.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work effectively
both independently and on a team.
- Highly organized and detail oriented; able to manage and
prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, with no
reluctance to seek guidance on priorities when needed. Strong
project management skills and strong sense of personal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial
- Strong interpersonal skills: maturity, courtesy, tact and
patience; energetic and dedicated team player with a sense of humor
and the ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Zoom and Windows Operating
Systems, and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
Experience with CRM software (Salesforce) is preferred.
Additional Qualifications/Skills that will be
- Experience in planning and executing meetings/events is a
- Experience with Salesforce or SurveyMonkey Apply (or a similar
grantmaking platform) is a plus.
- Experience with social media posts and press releases is a
PSF offers a competitive salary and benefits package,
commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates, please send a cover letter and resume to
Glenn Ellington, firstname.lastname@example.org, with
“Program Assistant Application” in the subject line.