SUMMARY: The NRA Women’s Leadership Forum
Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the Office
of Advancement and the Co-Chairs of the NRA Women’s Leadership
Forum (NRA-WLF). The Director provides daily leadership, management
and coordination of the NRA-WLF. The Director assists in the
development and management of long-term and annual strategic plans
and budgets for the NRA-WLF to achieve its goals and objectives.
The Director provides on-site leadership and coordinates the
NRA-WLF team’s efforts to achieve all of its objectives for NRA
Annual Meeting. The Director oversees the planning of all NRA-WLF
activities and provides analysis of the status and effectiveness of
all NRA-WLF activities.
The selected finalist will have an established record of
successful fundraising, event management and a network of
motivated, high-dollar donors. Support for the mission of the
NRA is essential.
**This position can work from any U.S. location**
- Strengthen relationships with existing donors and identify and
cultivate new donors to achieve NRA-WLF’s membership and
- Act with the authority of the Executive Director of Advancement
and NRA-WLF volunteer Co-Chairs in accordance with goals,
objectives, and policies established by the ED-OOA, the Executive
Vice President, the Board of Directors of the NRA and the NRA-WLF
Executive Committee. Establish credibility throughout the
Association and with internal and volunteer leadership as an
effective developer of solutions to the opportunities and
challenges of growth facing the NRA-WLF.
- Working with the NRA-WLF Co-Chairs, assist in the creation of
and monitor progress on long-term strategic plans and budgets for
the NRA-WLF. Update long-term strategic plans and budgets as
- Lead the development and submission of a budget for the NRA-WLF
for the next fiscal year to support the strategic goals and
objectives for the program, including revenue projections, costs,
and capital expenditures. Monitor and evaluate the current year’s
NRA-WLF budget to ensure efficient expenditure of fiscal resources
and affect timely payment of invoices while insuring operations are
within budget guidelines.
- Serve as lead director for all official NRA-WLF events
including the Women’s Leadership Forum Luncheon and Auction held in
conjunction with the NRA Annual Meeting and the NRA-WLF Fall
- Responsible for ensuring that all fundraising goals and
attendee goals for NRA-WLF events are met. Work with ED-OOA and
NRA-WLF Co-Chairs to set future fundraising goals and long term
plans as they pertain to NRA-WLF.
- Work closely with NRA-WLF Co-Chairs to ensure they have the
necessary tools and resources available to them in order to exceed
the goals of their national roles.
- Responsible for overseeing or leading all details of each event
including but not limited to: communications (talking points,
invitations, eblasts, flyers, corporate promotions, auction
catalogs), donor development and recruitment, program development
and execution, event details including timing, seating, meals,
guest speakers, schedule of events, and event follow up.
- Supervise and manage all NRA-WLF administrative support
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- A passion for the mission of the NRA.
- Ten years of successful fundraising experience.
- Experience in planning philanthropic events and
- Personal and professional integrity, as well as high standards
- BA/BS degree.
- A proven and substantial track record of successfully managing
programs, including but not limited to, strategic plan development,
budget development and management, human resource management.
- A proven track record as a successful manager and motivator of
personnel at all levels of experience and with a variety of
responsibilities and duties.
- Ability and experience to discern informational needs of the
advancement department, interpret those needs into useful reports,
and communicate information and data in an understandable manner to
provide needed facts and guidance to the decision making
- Working knowledge of charitable giving best practices, tax
laws, and regulations.
- Ability to participate in extensive travel nationally.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal
- Excellent oral, written, presentation, and interpersonal
- Collaborative, committed to team; able to engender trust among
superiors, colleagues and donors.