Associate Director of Alumni Relations & Annual
The Associate Director of Alumni Relations and Annual Fund will
help manage a comprehensive program for advancing the University's
engagement of its 16,000+ contactable alumni and other friends.
She/he will work effectively with university staff at all levels,
students, volunteers and vendors to achieve programmatic and
fundraising goals. The Associate Director will develop strategies
and opportunities to identify and engage alumni and friends that
will enhance the student experience, increase pride and awareness
of Lasell University, and grow participation rates and dollars
raised for The Lasell Fund and other fundraising priorities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contributes to a department-wide effort of engaging alumni,
students, and friends, developing programming, and increasing
volunteer involvement and financial support of Lasell
- Maintain an active portfolio of leadership annual giving
prospects: particular focus on cultivating, soliciting, and
stewarding young alumni to increase giving rates among this cohort;
also, to create a robust donor pipeline. Additionally, maintain
portfolio of active key reunion or shared interest/affinity alumni
and older alumni/ae from less engaged classes.
- Assist with the planning, coordination, organization, and
implementation of all engagement related events including Reunion;
Family, Friends and Alumni Weekend; Presidential Speaker Series and
all regional and campus alumni programs and activities.
- Assist with efforts to incorporate appropriate alumni into
Admissions, Career Services and networking programs and
- Work with Advancement staff to develop peer-to-peer giving
program. Identify, recruit, train, and solicit alumni giving
leaders. Develop peer-to-peer solicitation systems: training
materials, sample asks, volunteer reporting systems, and website
- In conjunction with Advancement team, assist in the development
of a regional chapter program. Work with staff, alumni, faculty,
and campus leadership to identify strategic regions and programs.
Additionally, identify, recruit, and train regional alumni
- In conjunction with Advancement team, develop and execute
campaign programs and events, including regional, stewardship, and
other in-person programming related to the Forever Forward
- Lead Student Alumni Association Program. Recruit, train, and
manage SAA members and program. Collaborate with Office of Student
Activities to create events and programs that foster life-long
connection with Lasell and alumni. Work with group to increase
- Work with SAA, LUAA, OSA to develop landmark class programs
incorporating alumni association messaging and members, further
fostering life-long connections.
- Lead Advancement team and manage all communication and
logistics for Giving Tuesday.
- Work with existing platforms, iMods and Mobile Cause, to create
custom fundraising and campaign pages. Create and nurture campus
partnerships that enhance and contribute to Lasell's strategic and
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a Tier 2 - hybrid (please provide explanation of schedule).
This position will be both remote and in-person. For event planning
and execution, person needs to be on site and in person. This
includes some evenings and weekends, as events are planned. Some
events will occur regionally.
Minimum Education level:
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED BY THE
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and
other Microsoft Office products required; social network and
database management skills highly desirable.
Other Requirements of the Job:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team, to
prioritize work and meet deadlines while maintaining a positive
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects with
competing deadlines, while paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically, strategically, and creatively
about the tasks and progress of the Alumni Relations program.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize both quantitative and
qualitative information in order to assist in assessing the success
of alumni and fundraising programs.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and interpersonal abilities. Skill
in dealing with people, diplomacy, tact, maturity, discretion and
the ability to maintain confidentiality. Must have the ability to
work well with both internal and external constituencies
- Candidate must be energetic, highly motivated, flexible and
team-oriented with an ability to identify, train, and manage
volunteers from a variety of age groups.
- Strong computer literacy required including familiarity and
comfort with spreadsheets and databases.
- Experience using social media and virtual conferencing tools to
develop and sustain the alumni community.
- Requires some evening and weekend obligations; occasional
- Good judgment and a good sense of humor.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including:
- Tuition benefits
- Generous time off
- Hybrid/remote work options
Interested candidates should upload a letter of interest, resume
and the information of three (3) references using the forms below.
Review of resumes will begin immediately, and applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Lasell University requires all employees to be vaccinated and to
provide the documentation upon the start of employment. Lasell also
provides individuals the opportunity to request a medical or
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every
aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its
policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to
every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color
of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic
predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a
victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and
classes under Federal and State Laws and executive
To apply, visit https://www.lasell.edu/discover-lasell/employment/staff-positions/associate-director-of-alumni-relations-and-annual-fund.html