Reporting to the Chief Development and Communications Officer, the
Marketing and Public Relations Manager will set and guide the
strategy for all communications, website, and public relations
messages and collateral to consistently articulate Urban Pathways’
mission and increase the organization’s visibility within the
community. The Marketing and Public Relations Manager is a
storyteller at heart with an understanding of how to engage with a
variety of stakeholders on behalf of the organization. This
individual will be responsible for creating, implementing, and
monitoring the success of a comprehensive annual communications
plan. This person will lead the development of a dashboard geared
toward demonstrating the effectiveness and return on investment for
all communications efforts. The Marketing and Public Relations
Manager will work closely with senior staff and the Board of
Directors and will supervise the Communications Associate.
- Develops and manages the implementation of an annual marketing
and communications plan in alignment with the organization’s
strategy and budget.
- Within the annual marketing and communications plan, develops
and executes on a media relations strategy, seeking high-level
placements in print, broadcast and online media.
- Manages media inquiries and interview requests; coordinates all
public relations activities.
- Advises and directs Communications Associate to engage
audiences across traditional and new channels, ranging from print
appeals and materials to video and social media.
- Monitors, analyzes, and communicates results on an ongoing
basis with monthly reporting using a comprehensive dashboard, to be
created in consultation with the Chief Development and
- Nurtures and builds relationships with key stakeholders and
thought leaders to increase industry awareness and visibility
within the community.
- Maintains a keen understanding of industry trends affecting the
organization, our staff, and our clients, and makes strategic
recommendations surrounding those changes and trends.
- Identifies opportunities to redesign communications materials
or adjust the Urban Pathways brand standards and shepherd those
- Demonstrates a learning mindset and an ability to adapt to the
rapidly changing marketing environment.
- Attends staff meetings and participates in ongoing training and
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in relevant
- Minimum of 3-5 years marketing and public relations related
- Experience building relationships with and placing stories with
various media outlets.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build and nurture
effective working relationships with a variety of
- Experience writing persuasive content for articles, op-eds,
press releases, etc.
- Experience building and integrating a brand across an
organization – messaging, graphics, collateral, advertising,
website, and social media.
- Excellent analytical skills and aptitude for mining data to
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to Urban Pathways’ mission.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including some evenings