The Buff Club at the University of Colorado Boulder is seeking an
Associate Director of Development to join our team! The Buff Club
is a team of 15 members within the Office of Advancement dedicated
to providing development and engagement support for CU Athletics.
The primary function of this role is to act as a major gifts
officer, growing philanthropic engagement on behalf of CU Boulder
Athletics and the Buff Club through the development of
relationships with CU alumni and other donors, specifically
targeting gifts greater than $25K. This is a regionally focused
position, with Colorado as the anchor. This position is tasked with
identifying, cultivating, sustaining and increasing donor
relationships. This position is responsible for planning,
implementing and coordinating fundraising activities for a
designated athletics program, including soliciting major
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a
culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students
dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We
are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and
individuals with disabilities. Who We Are As the fundraising arm of
CU Athletics, the purpose of the Buff Club is to raise funds in
support of the nearly 350 student-athletes at the University of
Colorado. By securing philanthropic funding for our brand-new
facilities, providing scholarships, or safeguarding the mental and
physical wellness of our student-athletes, the Buff Club ensures
that CU Athletics and our student-athletes have the vital resources
for success in the classroom, in competition, and beyond. What Your
Key Responsibilities Will Be Donor Portfolio Management and
Collaborate with Internal and External University
- Works proactively to identify new prospects and cultivate
existing relationships with the intent of sustaining and increasing
relationships over time.
- Focuses on personal visits, outbound telephone calls, and
written correspondence as primary methods of donor engagement.
Plans, organizes, coordinates and manages daily activities to
support gift solicitation efforts and events.
- Leverages all available University and Athletic Department
resources and assets (i.e., tickets, premium seating, parking,
event attendance, etc.) to identify, cultivate, and solicit
- Specific goals relating to personal contacts, proposals,
dollars raised, and other traditional development metrics to be set
with and approved by management as part of the University’s annual
performance plan cycle. Anticipated targets include:
- Manages portfolio consisting of 100+ prospects, at
- Responsible for meeting an annual target of 144 face-to-face
donor visits and meetings
- Secure major gifts commitments at $25K and above
Other Development Duties as assigned:
- Collaborates with University partners to coordinate fundraising
strategies for donors with multiple interests.
- As appropriate, may work to design donor and volunteer
cultivation events in order to attract and retain interest in
University activities and programs.
- Proactively represents CU Athletics at external events in order
to identify prospects and grow network of support.
- Embodies the cultural values of the CU Athletics Department of
RAPID (Respect, Accountability, Passion, Integrity and Dedication)
when engaging with internal and external constituents.
- Serve as a fundraising liaison to an assigned sport.
- Works daily to ensure timely, accurate completion of proposals,
pledges and fund agreements.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of prospect
strategies and contact reports, evaluates new prospects, and
generates reports and other correspondence as necessary to
What You Should Know All University of Colorado Boulder employees
are required to comply with the campus
COVID-19 vaccine requirement
. New employees must provide proof
of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within
30 days of employment.
This position is expected to 100% on campus and in-state and
out-of-state travel is required. What We Can Offer The salary
range is $71,500 - $79,650 annually.
Relocation assistance is available within department
Additional Athletics benefits include: Athletic Event Tickets: Per
Athletic Department Policy and NCAA regulations, Nike Elite
Employee Benefit: Per Nike Elite Policy. Benefits The
University of Colorado offers excellent benefits
, including medical, dental,
retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The
University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in
Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education
environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder
What We Require
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience will
substitute on a year for year basis.
- 3+ years of professional, job-related experience.
What You Will Need
- Knowledge of fundraising, public relations, marketing, or
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain interpersonal
- Analyzes information/situations and works proactively to solve
- Handles sensitive information discretely and maintains
- Organizes and manages multiple projects/tasks simultaneously;
have an ability to work independently and collaboratively and adapt
to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of current issues facing public universities and
interests of assigned school, students, faculty, and
- Cultivates and solicits donations from individuals, foundations
Software used: Microsoft Office Products; donor-tracking software
(such as Salesforce). Paciolan/PacFund ticketing and donor
development software. What We Would Like You To Have
- Previous experience working in an intercollegiate athletics
department. Fundraising, sales, or public relations
Special Instructions To apply, please submit the following
materials online at: https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Associate-Director-of-Development-Major-Gifts/43926
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background
and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and
responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by November 16, 2022
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For
consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs