Bideawee is looking for a dynamic Senior Major Gifts Officer to
grow major individual giving through individual gifts of $5K or
more and bequests and charitable gift annuities through the planned
giving program entitled the Kibbe Society, named after Bideawee’s
founder, Flora Kibbe. The Senior Major Gifts Officer is a primarily
remote front-line fundraiser on the Bideawee Marketing and
Development team. This is a team in growth mode, as Bideawee enters
the silent phase of a $20M capital campaign and continues to expand
its funding base. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will report to the
Vice President of Marketing and Development and will work in
partnership with the CEO, Capital Campaign and Planned Giving
Leadership, and Board of Directors to craft fundraising and
stewardship strategies and build and maintain relationships with
donors and prospects who are capable of making annual single gifts
of $5,000 or more, bequests, and large multi-year pledges for the
capital campaign. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will be an
accomplished fundraising leader who will draw on their knowledge of
fundraising best practices to advance the culture of philanthropy,
help achieve ambitious revenue goals, and drive Bideawee’s Campaign
momentum. By engaging diverse prospective donors, the Senior Major
Gifts Officer will provide personalized giving experiences and
solicit support to realize Bideawee’s mission. Other
primary responsibilities include:
- Lead, attend and organize personal cultivation and briefing
meetings with prospects
- Conduct direct face-to-face solicitations
- Assist leadership, and Board with their solicitations (e.g.
provide portfolio development support, strategic counsel, and help
with donor communications), with a focus on closing gifts of
- Create, execute, and manage quarterly and annual engagement and
solicitation plans for each qualified donor in the pipeline.
- Maintain a high level of donor confidentiality
- Establish strong relationships and lines of communication with
programming staff, working together to create accurate and
informative messaging, increased donor awareness of key initiatives
and engaging donor cultivation events.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, preferably in a
frontline fundraising capacity, and optimally with capital campaign
- Proven track record of securing gifts of $5,000 and above.
- Experience managing budgets and meeting revenue goals.
- Experience working with board members and coordinating
volunteer-led fundraising activities.
- Active knowledge of NY philanthropic and cultural
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM systems (Raiser’s Edge,
- Self-starter with the ability to get up to speed quickly and
work independently in a hybrid work environment.
- Highly motivated, organized, flexible, and proactive.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills—both oral and written.
- Ability to work and collaborate with colleagues within and
- Investment in Bideawee’s mission and a genuine love for
This is a
full-time role that includes benefits. Bideawee offers competitive
compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance,
vacation, personal and sick time as well as generous parental
leave. This is a primarily remote position with the occasional need
for on-site work at Bideawee’s three locations.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity &
Bideawee is committed to diversity, equity,
and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the
center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop
and support a more engaged and productive workforce.
Bideawee is an equal
opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal
employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are
considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or
physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national
origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or
veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment
status or any protected federal, state, or local status unrelated
to the performance of the work involved. From our founding
119 years ago as one of our country’s first no-kill animal welfare
organizations, Bideawee has been a leader in rescuing dogs and cats
and successfully integrating them into loving homes. We do this by
providing the highest quality shelter experience, medical care,
socialization and adoption services within a disciplined and
sustainable financial structure. We are a compassionate team of
dedicated staff, board members and volunteers, and our work
demonstrates our ongoing commitment to the well-being of animals
and their people in our community.