The Behind the Scenes Foundation is seeking an Assistant
Director of Affinity Programs and Cause Marketing. This position is
primarily responsible for the strategic planning, development, and
growth of an affinity based fundraising program as well as the
Pledge-of-Support cause marketing program. The position is
responsible for utilizing best practices of volunteer management to
expand peer-to-peer fundraising and for creating strategies to
increase the donor participation rate. The Assistant Director will
partner with the Executive Director of Behind the Scenes to ensure
fundraising strategies are aligned with the mission and goals of
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years fundraising, donor relations, and/or equivalent
experience in related fields.
- Demonstrated success working with volunteers is required.
- Experience working with affinity giving is ideal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary.
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Understanding of the entertainment industry is required.
- Capable of articulating a persuasive, enthusiastic case for
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when necessary.
- Ability to travel to various industry conferences, meetings,
and trade shows.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of Word Press, InDesign, Photoshop a plus.
- Social media content management experience required.
Affinity Fundraising Groups (Ghostlight Groups)
- Responsible for executing affinity based fundraising strategies
for the Behind the Scenes Foundation. This includes developing a
strategy for volunteer participation, helping to create or expand
affinity groups, drafting appeal language, setting up giving forms
or campaign web pages, and guiding and supporting crowdfunding or
other fundraising efforts specific to each affinity group.
- Set annual goals and objectives for affinity fundraising in
partnership with the Executive Director.
- Track and evaluate affinity fundraising metrics and report
- Recruit and manage affinity fundraising volunteers and create
volunteer resources as needed.
- Create goals and robust solicitation strategy that engages all
- Develop appeal language, campaign page/giving forms, volunteer
resources and other items as needed to achieve goals.
Cause Marketing (Pledge-of-Support)
- Responsible for supporting cause marketing fundraising
strategies for the Behind the Scenes Foundation. This includes
helping to create or expand opportunities for engagement with
corporations, businesses, or individuals in the entertainment
industry to support the charity though sales from a portion of a
product or service.
- Set annual goals and objectives for cause marketing objectives
in partnership with the Executive Director.
- Work industry events and trade shows and engage with industry
professionals in expanding opportunities for giving.
- Contribute to other initiatives and priorities when
Compensation and Benefits
Salary Range: $60-$75K. Excellent benefits package.
The position requires periodic travel to conferences, trade
shows, and other Foundation related activities and events to
advance the work of the Foundation. Otherwise, the hours can be
flexible, and candidates are able to work from home from anywhere
in the country.
Behind the Scenes Foundation
Established in 2005, the Behind the Scenes Foundation provides
entertainment technology professionals, or their immediate
dependent family, who are seriously ill or injured with grants that
may be used for basic living and medical expenses. The BTS
Counseling Fund provides early access to mental health and
addiction counseling by assisting with the associated financial
burdens. Our Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Initiative
provides tools and resources to support entertainment industry
workers and promote mental health and psychological
The Foundation is currently staffed with an Executive Director,
an active volunteer Board of Directors and Mental Health Initiative
Steering Committee, and a network of committed volunteers. The
organization will be embarking on a new Affinity Fundraising
campaign and is therefore poised for growth. This creates an
extraordinary opportunity for the right candidate to become engaged
in the future of the Foundation.
Behind the Scenes will not discriminate in the recruitment or
selection of candidates on the basis of age, sex, race, national
origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression and veteran status. Behind the Scenes
is committed to providing access and will provide reasonable
accommodation in its application process to individuals with
disabilities that request such accommodations.
To apply, submit cover letter and resume in PDF format
No calls please.