The Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, a 501c3,
is seeking a part-time major gift officer and grant writer to raise
money for nuclear medicine research for the Mars Shot Fund:
Mars Shot (snmmi.org) for $100 million campaign
Needs include prospecting, identifying, cultivating donors,
writing grant applications, working with a committee.
Experience: Five years of experience in non-profit
fundraising, grant writing, and/or implementing a major gift
program and securing six and seven figure gifts. Familiarity with
science is a plus.
Skills: Superior written communication. Excellent
organizational skills with capability to prioritize and meet
multiple deadlines with minimal oversight. Proficiency in MS Word
MS Excel required.
Education: Bachelor or graduate degree.
Other: Experience in giving presentations
- Prepare and submit grant proposals within funder-specified and
organizationally set timelines.
- Coordinate with organization managers and staff to gather
information for proposals and reports, including budget/expense
information; assist in creating grant budgets and expense
- Track current grantors to assure compliance with reporting
requirements, new deadlines, priority updates, etc.
- Proactively research new public and private grant funding
opportunities for programmatic and project priorities to assist in
fully funding organization’s operating and capital budgets.
- Maintain relationships with funders and prospective funders by
providing stewardship of grant gifts; inviting to special events
and programmatic functions; keeping them abreast of major
organizational changes; and assisting in periodic check-ins over
the grant year.
- Coordinate meetings and site visits with individuals and
grantors; assist in visits.
- Stay current with grant funding trends, as well as the broader
philanthropic community, to inform proposal writing and major gift
- Serve as a primary organization editor and copy writer for
newsletters, flyers, blog posts and other written content
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and manage
multiple projects simultaneously and to meet deadlines. Ability to
develop long-term plans, set objectives, and track progress towards
achieving objectives. Familiarity with moves management
- Personal initiative, curiosity about people, a sense of humor
and a strong team-oriented style.
- Occasional weekend and evening assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Equal opportunity to all regardless of race, color, creed,
national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability,
religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
Please submit cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.