APO seeks a dynamic fundraiser with 5+ years of professional
fundraising experience, to identify new sources of funding –
corporate, foundations and individuals – to support the growth of
programming in both the areas of television as well as community
outreach. Strong candidates will possess the ability to
leverage relationships with corporations and foundations to offer
on-air crediting for television shows as well as major underwriting
opportunities for national children’s touring.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL…
Thrive in a fast-paced
Be a self-starter
Be a creative thinker, with a
Exhibit out-of-the-box fundraising
ideas, not reliant specifically on galas
- Devise and implement a fundraising strategy in connection with
APO’s annual budget - $1.6M.
- Manage, maintain and renew existing donors of APO to ensure
proper stewardship of current donors through communication, events
- In consultation with the General Manager, mutually agree upon
annual and quarterly goals.
- Seek renewals and increases in annual gifts, as well as
identify those that may have lapsed, in an effort to increase the
overall annual contributed income.
- Devise strategic fundraising initiatives to engage new donors
to become connected with APO.
- Curate a database of prospective corporations & foundations
which would be appropriate to engage as a corporate sponsor and
initiate contact and cultivate the relationship in order to
- Curate a list of prospective individual donors who would be
appropriate to engage as a sponsor and initiate contact and
cultivate in order to secure.
- Successfully integrate social media into fundraising efforts,
working collaboratively with APO social media team.
- Devise strategic opportunities of in-kind or donated product
that would be a benefit to APO’s financial success, such as flight
and hotel partners, equipment, supplies and other appropriate
- In concert with the Development Assistant, manage and maintain
the existing fundraising software with appropriate data to properly
steward each current and prospective donor.
- On a quarterly basis, meet with members of the APO board to
establish additional prospects through those board members, both
individual and corporate, towards the efforts of APO’s annual
- Based on specific programmatic offerings, identify donors
(corporate, individual, etc.) whose focus and mission aligns with
those offerings, i.e. community engagement, dance programming,
musical theater, etc.
- Maintain and expand, where necessary, current donor benefits
based on giving levels, ensuring benefits are being offered /
provided as necessary.
- Work with General Manager to forecast pledged development
income to facilitate cash flow based on donor agreements, etc.
- In concert with the Development Assistant, draft and send out
acknowledgment letters to donors as each gift is received.
- Meet with General Manager, Founder & Music Director to
identify other development / fundraising opportunities to
continuously address new and possible funding sources on a regular