Sunnyside Community Services (SCS) is a multiservice,
community-based organization serving New York City with a focus on
western Queens — an area that is home to a uniquely diverse,
predominately immigrant population and many low-income families.
Established as a small senior center in 1974, SCS began offering
licensed home care services in 1979 and introduced youth services
in 1983. Today we provide a full range of human services to 16,000
individuals each year including children, youth, adults, and
seniors. Our mission is to provide a continuum of vital services
and activities that enrich the lives of individuals of all
SCS has undergone significant programmatic growth over the last
several years that has strengthened our ability to provide an
integrated continuum of services that meet a broad range of needs.
We are currently implementing a strategic plan that identifies
program quality and the ability to measure outcomes as a key area
of investment. This growth and new opportunities on the horizon
present an opportune time to join SCS.
The Director of Program Evaluation and Impact provides
high-level leadership and oversight to SCS’ youth, adult, and
senior programs in areas related to outcomes measurement and
evaluation design. They will work in close collaboration with the
SCS senior management team, and program directors across our
continuum of services. The individual in this role will supervise
the Data and Evaluation Manager and will report to the Associate
Executive Director of Development.
The Director will undertake an environmental review of our
programs to assess and evaluate our agency’s impact, identify areas
for improvement, and examine trends related to our programming that
will better inform how we will develop services. Through this work,
the Director will create new organizational tools, protocols, and
best practices related to SCS’ program and impact evaluation. This
will ultimately help us modify existing programs and guide
data-driven program decisions. Furthermore, it will help us realize
our vision for newer initiatives in line with sustainable growth
and continued responsiveness to the people we serve, and our
longevity in the community.
- Lead SCS’s approach to outcomes measurement, fostering
real-time, ongoing learning opportunities for continuous
improvement, application of best practices, and commitment to
- Develop Theory of Change and Logic Models for programs. Lead
all efforts in the continued design and management of our internal
performance measurement work. (We currently use Salesforce, as well
as external funder databases.)
- Work closely with the Data and Evaluation Manager to ensure
that data system design is aligned with target outcomes.
- Use both qualitative and quantitative data to assess outcomes
from programs to inform planning, decision-making, and
- Collaborate with program staff to set evaluation outcome goals.
Analyze all indicators and outcomes to help the leadership team
make appropriate strategic and programmatic decisions.
- In concert with SCS’ program teams, develop the strongest
practical approaches to program monitoring, evaluation, and
learning that fit the unique needs of each program strategy.
- Support a results-oriented culture, communicating with staff
across the organization on how impact evaluation helps ensure a
coordinated and multifaceted team-based approach for analyzing and
- Collaborate with SCS staff and principals of our school-based
sites to ensure our outcomes framework coordinates and reinforces
- Implement other necessary evaluation methods as appropriate
(e.g., focus groups, surveys, school data analysis, etc.).
- Develop partnerships with external evaluators and other
organizations to advance our evaluation capacities.
- Translate and disseminate evaluation results to help shift
program discussions based on promising and best practices.
- Conduct research and analysis of issues as requested, including
preparation of reports, sections of grant proposals, and public
- Expertise in program evaluation, data analysis, program
development, and outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or five years of demonstrated
results in the field.
- Understanding of statistical principles and methods for data
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written
- Organized, focused, and results-driven.
- Effective in collaboration and teamwork.
- Demonstrated expertise in successfully designing and carrying
out quantitative and qualitative research and evaluation.
- Ability to analyze information, summarize findings, and present
them in ways easily understandable to decision-makers.
- Non-profit experience and familiarity with the key
social/service issues facing SCS participants.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
- Flexible spending account and transit check
- Employee Assistance Program
- 20 vacation days per year
- 6 personal/floating days
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 1 paid sick day per month
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Current hybrid model of three days onsite and two days working
Salary: $80,000 to $85,000
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our team, send a cover letter
and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate “Director of Outcomes and Program Evaluation” in
the email subject line.
Please Note: If hired, Sunnyside Community
Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS
status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity
and Affirmative Employer