The Deputy Executive Director for Citizens Inn is an exempt
position charged with leading the implementation of policies and
programs to carry out the mission, vision, and strategic plan of
Citizens Inn in collaboration with the Executive Director. The
Deputy Executive Director will manage internal communication,
efficiency, and accountability for all departments across the
organization. This position requires a strong background in human
resources, program development and operations, management, business
acumen, strategic planning, capacity building, finance and
The position reports to the Executive Director and works
collaboratively with the ED and Board of Directors on vision and
strategy to lead the internal operations of Citizens Inn on an
- In partnership with the Board of Directors, Executive Director
and Sr. Leadership Team (direct reports), create and implement
mission, vision, values, strategic plan, measurement, and
evaluation for the organization.
- Develop on-boarding protocol, maintain employee records, legal
compliance, employee relations issues, annual performance
evaluations, and other human resource issues in accordance with
human resources law.
- Support the Executive Director and Board of Directors by
maintaining open and regular communications and sharing financial
data in a timely manner for the board to fulfill their fiduciary
- Involve the Executive Director and Executive Committee in major
decisions, especially human resources/employee-related issues; the
Diversity and Inclusion Committee in creating an environment of
inclusion for all; the Finance Committee in budgeting, financing,
and investment decisions; the Housing Committee in the procurement,
maintenance, and sale of real estate; and all other board committee
support as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
- Monitor, measure and evaluate all administrative and
programmatic activities and outcomes of the organization.
- Coordinate all internal employee activities such as all staff
meetings, ERG’s, quarterly team building activities, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend areas for growth, including organic and
inorganic opportunities, including mergers, acquisitions, capacity
building and opportunities for new revenue streams.
- Oversee Programs and supervise Development/Fundraising, Human
Resources, Finance, Facilities and Operations.
- Responsible for defining Organizational Structure, hiring and
- Collaboratively develop organization and program budgets.
- Provide supervision on a regular basis which includes, de-brief
of any client situations, self-care needs of employee, and
direction needed on any decisions to be made for program/department
or employees of that program/department.
- Implement and serve as main point of contact for any emergency
programs, task forces, committees needed throughout the year.
- Oversee financial controls and reporting of the financial
position of the organization and recommend budget amendments to
ensure stability of the organization both short and long-term.
- Handle personnel matters that cannot be resolved satisfactorily
by the team.
- Cover for Executive Director in their absence.
- A Bachelor’s degree with Business or Human Resources
concentration a plus or years of experience in a business-related /
human resources field. Master’s Degree a plus.
- Understanding of trauma, complex-trauma, and the
Trauma-Informed Model a plus
- Passionate and effective verbal, written and interpersonal
- Documented record of accomplishment of successful experience in
human resources, or another cross-departmental role
- Knowledge of state and federal funding mechanisms
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to
develop and communicate the organizations mission and vision
internally and externally.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain working relationships
with government agencies, politicians, community leaders, and the
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply or nominate someone, please send cover letter and
resume to Lisa Vuona, Managing Partner, Boyden Boston at firstname.lastname@example.org.