Status: Full-time, exempt
Schedule: M-F, 8.30a.m. - 4.30p.m CST (37.5
hrs/week) including occasional evening and weekend work. This
position requires approximately 50% travel based on business needs
and position requirements.
Reports to: Executive Director of
Direct reports: None
Start date: ASAP
Location: Remote or Chicago, IL
Everything we do is about the IES Abroad student. Our profoundly
passionate team of study abroad professionals believes in creating
once-in-a-lifetime educational adventures that transcend
From our headquarters in Chicago to our 400+ study abroad
programs in 85 global locations worldwide, we create authentic
global education and life-affirming cultural experiences. We work
at IES Abroad because we believe that every student should have the
opportunity to go abroad - especially in a fun, safe, and superior
academic and cultural environment.
We believe so strongly in the power of our program, that we
actively recruit students from underrepresented populations and
provide millions in scholarships and aid year after year. We are
proud that our students are as diverse and exciting as the
countries we study.
We're not ashamed to admit, we're a little bit obsessed with
When you join IES Abroad, you are a part of a diverse community
of global leaders who know that our differences in skills and
backgrounds are just as important as our shared passions and
mission. Our work to educate students to become global leaders is
grounded in our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and
anti-racism. We are a global organization made up of colleagues
with a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives, and we
are committed to creating an inclusive, welcoming environment for
all employees, surrounded by a mix of talented professionals.
You'll want to come to work and, more importantly, want to stay and
advance our mission together.
Summary of position:
The Senior Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement Officer will be
responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and
successfully stewarding qualified prospects and donors with a
capacity of contributing gifts of $10,000-$25,000+. The position is
a key member of the Advancement and Alumni Engagement team and will
help ensure the success of IES Abroad's philanthropic initiatives
Essential job responsibilities & duties
- Develop and manage a portfolio of approximately 100 donors and
prospects employing donor-centric communications and engagement
- Frequent travel required for in-person meetings to achieve a
goal of 100+ in person and virtual individual meetings
- Work independently and collaborate with Advancement and Alumni
Engagement team and across IES Abroad departments to develop
funding proposals and stewardship plans which match donor interests
with institutional priorities.
- Report regularly to Executive Director on progress and results
of the prospect portfolio
- Develop and host alumni in-person events and virtual class
reunions as a means of engagement and prospect identification.
- Utilize CRM database to complete and file thorough call reports
of contacts in a timely manner.
- Create a yearly plan for engagement in conjunction with the
- Other duties as assigned or required, including occasional
evening and weekend work and travel.
Experience & Qualifications/Skills:
- 5-7 years of successful fundraising experience including
individual gift cultivation and solicitations. Experience with
development of planned gift proposals a plus.
- A commitment to and ability to communicate IES Abroad's mission
- Self-motivated, autonomous work ethic with ability to
collaborate within a team.
- Ability to travel frequently and to put together efficient,
productive itineraries within travel budget
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Proficiency with database software, Zoom, email, calendar
software, and Microsoft Office, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) -
experience with Raisers Edge a plus
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface
professionally and tailor communications according to audience
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings dependent on
workload or event support
- Good judgment and a high level of intercultural competence
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive
information and material in a discretionary manner
Education, licenses and/or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's Degree preferred) or equivalent
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and the ability and
willingness to drive as required
How to Apply:
All applicants should submit an application
and salary requirements by clicking
'Apply Now' at the side of this page.
Please visit www.IESabroad.org/jobs for
more information about working at IES Abroad. If you require
an accommodation with the application process, please
Equal Opportunity Employment:
IES Abroad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
applications from all qualified candidates. We strive to treat
people with respect; fully utilizing employee's abilities and
promoting workforce diversity.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and do not
discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color,
ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin,
citizenship, religion, marital status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status,
and/or any other status protected by applicable laws.