Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) seeks an Alumni + Family
Relations Officer, Families to plan, design and implement diverse
and inclusive programs, events, and communications for families of
current and past students. Joining the Institutional Advancement
(IA) office and working with the Executive Director of Alumni +
Family Relations, the incumbent will establish and achieve dynamic
set of program goals; managing regional and virtual engagement
events, volunteer recruitment and training, maintaining regular
communication with volunteers, and coordinating with Relationship
Managers for the RISD Fund, major gift donors, and planned giving
We seek applications from equity-minded candidates who will
thrive in a campus environment that is committed to advancing the
principles of social equity and inclusion, and equal access to
resources and opportunities.
- Develop and implement campus, regional and virtual engagement
opportunities for families including programming on RISD Weekend
and Commencement + Reunion Weekend; regional gatherings; webinars;
and regular communications.
- Meet regularly with the Executive Director, Alumni + Family
Relations and Executive Director, RISD Fund to coordinate
engagement strategies for potential donors.
- With input from the Executive Director, Alumni + Family
Relations and Director, Institutional Advancement Communications,
develop communication plans to keep parents informed and engaged
with the life of the campus, collecting news and information from
campus partners, and information on how to support their student at
- Serve as a liaison to the Family Association Leadership Council
and develop and facilitate volunteer training and volunteer
management including outreach and recruitment of volunteers for
succession planning for family volunteer leadership roles.
- Serve as the point of contact for campus partners (Careers,
Student Affairs, Enrollment, and Academic Affairs) on campus,
regional and virtual programming for families.
- Work closely with Advancement Services to ensure that family
participation, including registrations, attendance, and
post-attendance follow-up are properly recorded on Raiser's Edge
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must have knowledge of, or experience with digital, social
media, and diverse mediums of communication.
- Strong time management skills. Demonstrated ability to
organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
with close attention to detail and under deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate sensitivity to individuals of varying
backgrounds, including but not limited to, racial, ethnic,
religious, gender, cultural, ability, sexual orientation and
- Demonstrated experience with alumni and development databases
(Raiser’s Edge preferred) and strong computer skills in programs
such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to write persuasively and strong interpersonal
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and engaging
- Ability to comfortably and effectively speak in public and make
presentations in meetings.
- Ability to interact and correspond professionally with senior
staff and distinguished alumni.
- Ability to manage and monitor budgets and expenses.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible
family/alumni relations and/or development experience with some
experience managing and fostering productive relationships with