The Assistant Vice President for Alumni Engagement and Annual
Giving will lead and manage the Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving
teams, including strategic development and implementation of
programs, services and other initiatives that effectively develop,
promote and nurture relationships between the university and its
alumni and interested constituents, leading to life-long
involvement with and support of BGSU. Serves as an enthusiastic
ambassador for external constituents in the role of Executive
Director for BGSU Alumni Association Board, coordinating and
leading engagement of this volunteer Board with the University.
Collaborates with University Advancement, college and unit
colleagues to proactively plan and implement activities and
university events - such as Academy of Distinguished Alumni,
Homecoming and Family Weekend programs, BGSU One Day, affinity
group and regional gatherings, and other initiatives as identified
- to increase the level of individual engagement and financial
commitment of donors. Leads, coaches and evaluates the Alumni
Engagement and Annual Giving team, and performance of direct
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leadership of Alumni Engagement strategy and
activity. Leads and oversees Alumni Engagement team,
working with the Director of Alumni Engagement, in designing
creative strategies to increase engagement and participation among
all constituents, including affinity groups and regional networks.
Leads and supports activities and meetings of the BGSU Alumni
Association Board, including public speaking at alumni events.
Ensures successful coordination of alumni and constituent
engagement efforts within University Advancement and across all
colleges and units. Develops performance metrics and ensures
- Leadership of Annual Giving strategy and
activity. Leads and oversees Annual Giving team,
working with the Director of Annual Giving, in developing effective
strategies to increase participation and giving through a variety
of communication methods. Supports coordination of annual giving
solicitation efforts within University Advancement and across all
colleges and units, including collaboration with fundraisers,
Deans, department chairs and program directors to support
fundraising priorities. Develops performance metrics and ensures
- Volunteer liaison and support. Staffs and
provides guidance to the BGSU Alumni Association Board, a key
volunteer group that provides input on alumni engagement, annual
giving plans and initiatives, and whose members participate
directly in various alumni programs and events. Work closely with
Alumni Board Chair and Executive Committee to develop strategic
- Strategic Collaboration. Actively
participates in internal and external events and key meetings,
promoting the University’s alumni engagement and annual giving
programs and alumni accomplishments, and encouraging philanthropic
support for BGSU’s fundraising priorities.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in a results-oriented service environment.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in engagement
and fundraising, including understanding of the donor cycle,
benchmarking and metrics.
- Supervisory experience at a management level.
- Experience with CRM systems, such as Blackbaud Raiser's Edge
- A solid understanding of the BGSU institutional mission and
strategy, academic and administrative planning and decision-making
processes, policies and procedures would be an asset.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication;
demonstrated presentation skills.
- Effective leadership, management of cross-functional teams, and
team building skills; ability to coach and motivate others;
- Empathetic listening skills; ability to thoughtfully consider
the perspective of constituents and colleagues.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to successfully
work with volunteers, donors, staff and campus constituents.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple deadlines and
tight time constraints.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical skills.
- Experience developing and managing departmental budgets.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
Bachelor’s degree required. Degree must be conferred at
the time of application. Must have and maintain a valid
driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use
The following experience is required:
- 8 years direct experience in higher-education, non-profit work
or related fields,
- 2 years direct supervisory experience
- 2 years of project management experience.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available.
Administrative Pay Grade 361. Salary is commensurate with education
and experience. Full benefits package available.
Deadline to apply: The search committee
will review applications until the position is filled;
however, for best consideration, applications should
be provided by ‘November 18, 2022’.
Why work at BGSU?
Full-time BGSU employees enjoy an array of exceptional benefits,
- Quality, affordable health insurance: Various coverage options
available for health, vision and dental starting the first day of
the month following your date of employment.
- Generous paid time off: Vacation, holidays, sick days and
- Excellent work life balance resources: Our Employee Assistance
Program offers confidential support to employees and their eligible
family members, along with ancillary programs covering identity
theft, elder care, legal services and more.
- Tuition fee waivers: For eligible employees, spouses and
- Professional development opportunities: For skills training,
supervisor and leadership programs, performance management, online
courses and online tools for employee growth and development.
- Parental leave: Up to five weeks of paid parental leave for
full-time employees with at least 12 months of continuous
- Retirement: BGSU offers several options for meeting your
retirement goals with a current employer contribution of up to 14%
depending on the retirement program selected.
Read More about the option that best fits your
Learn more about Bowling Green State
University and how we aspire to be the preeminent
public university that creates public good in Ohio, the nation and
For a complete job description & to apply for this position
visit https://bgsu.hiretouch.com/ or
contact the Office of Human Resources at (419) 372-8421. BGSU.
AA/EEO/Disabilities/Veterans. In compliance with the ADA Amendments
Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an
accommodation in order to apply for a position with Bowling Green
State University, please call 419-372-8421.