Program Coordinator for Annual Giving
Department: Annual Giving
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Hours per Week: 40
FLSA Determination: Non-Exempt
Weeks per Year: 52
Open Date: 10/04/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Annual Giving plays an important role in the life of the College by
supporting Trinity’s current priorities, providing flexibility for
the college to meet immediate needs throughout the year, and taking
advantage of new opportunities as they arise. Reporting to the
Director of Annual Giving, the Program Coordinator is responsible
for the operational systems within the Annual Fund office to ensure
it runs smoothly and efficiently in its quest to achieve annual
fundraising goals. The ideal candidate for this position will be
methodical and possess exceptional attention to detail along with
the ability to manage multiple priorities independently and as part
of a dynamic team.
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing
demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse,
representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S.
students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than
90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly
selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution
located in the capital city of Hartford, Conn. With more than 2,100
full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate students, the
college maintains a rigorous academic profile complemented by a
vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We consider our location
in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse capital city to be
among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we cultivate strong
connections with our surrounding neighbors and with institutions
and organizations throughout Hartford and the region. As a
preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting, Trinity
College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers who lead
Duties and Responsibilities:
Appeals and Stewardship
- Manage annual appeals calendar and ensure that
communications/solicitations deadlines are met.
- Assist with writing and editing of print, email, text, and
social media solicitations.
- Coordinate with graphic designers, printers, mailhouses, and
- Extract data and produce accurate constituency rosters for
email and print solicitations; coordinate segmentation of
- Work in Encompass platform to create and execute email appeals
- Utilize ThruText platform to support text outreach.
- Support and execute stewardship of volunteers and donors.
Data and Analysit
- Analyze results of email solicitations, print appeals, text
outreach, and social media to provide key metrics and guide future
- Maintain and enter data into PeopleSoft database.
- Provide support and expertise with the Cognos reporting
Website and Challenge Mini-Site Creation and
- Responsible for Annual Fund website appearance, content, and
- Utilize GiveCampus and Encompass platforms to create dynamic
mini-sites for fundraising campaigns such as Giving Day.
- Maintain Encompass donation form for ease of use by
Support of Student Calling Program
- Support the Assistant Director, Annual Giving – Young Alumni in
the management of the Student Calling Program, including hiring,
training, and supervision of student managers and workers.
- Assist with tracking of callers’ hours and coordinating with
- Produce calling lists and scripts for student callers.
- Track and report on results of calling sessions.
Meeting and Event Management
- Support Trinity College Fund meetings, trainings, and events,
both virtual and in person.
- Work alongside Advancement team in managing and executing a
wide range of activities and solicitations and major college events
such as Homecoming, Family Weekend, Commencement, and Reunion
Weekend. Collaborate with various internal and external
- Track and enter Annual Giving budget expenses; process invoices
and log expense reports, and oversee purchasing.
- Coordinate processes and procedures within the Annual Giving
- Oversee and respond to alumni and parent inquiries made via the
Trinity College Fund Gift line and/or email.
- Onboard new employees including training (where applicable) and
facilitation of logistics including credit cards, phones, locks,
- Oversee general office management duties including ordering of
supplies and tracking inventory.
- Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, and/or three to five years of
administrative support experiences, preferably in a college or
university setting, and/or a combination of education, training,
and experiences providing the required knowledge, skills, and
- Strong attention to detail, well-organized, excellent at
managing deadlines, and a proactive problem solver.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Process oriented along with the organizational skills and the
ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work
collaboratively across the organization to move projects
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity and work
- Computer fluency including Microsoft Office Suite, donor
database software, and query tools.
- A demonstrated interest in fundraising/development work.
- Experience or interest in managing student workers/volunteers
- A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applicants must apply online at https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/2780
by submitting their resume, cover letter and 3 references.
Trinity College requires proof of COVID19 vaccination and booster
or an approved exemption prior to beginning employment.
Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action