The Director of Giving, Development and Economic Justice reports to
the Rector and will provide leadership, strategic direction,
management and coordination of all fundraising and fund development
efforts for All Saints Church. The director will stimulate and
sustain an attitude of generosity throughout the institution and
lead the community in articulating a theology of giving and
faithful engagement with economic systems in our personal and
All Saints Church
All Saints is a progressive and dynamic Episcopal Church located in
Pasadena, California. It is a thriving faith community rooted in a
tradition of intellectual engagement and enrichment, and fully
committed to offering a deeply fulfilling worship experience.
All Saints core values are:
- Radical Inclusion
- Courageous Justice
- Joyful Spirituality
- Ethical Stewardship
The Director of Development and Economic Justice fulfills a
critical leadership position, creating and sustaining a culture of
generosity and faithful transformation of economic systems at All
Saints Church. The director will help lead our conversations about
the role of wealth in our faith and lives. The director will draw
on the skills and talents of the congregation, optimizing the
diversity of communities within All Saints.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help articulate a theology of development and giving that works
in concert with our work dismantling White Supremacy Culture and
growing Beloved Community.
- Work with senior staff and Vestry to shape and guide strategy
for all fundraising including annual fund, potential capital
campaign and planned giving.
- Work with senior staff and Vestry critically and faithfully to
engage our participation in economic systems with the goal of
transformation leading to equity and justice.
- Work with senior staff and Vestry to achieve the highest
standard of economic equity and justice in the internal affairs of
- Contribute to the church’s advancement goals by building strong
relationships with all constituencies.
- Oversight of all aspects of the annual giving to support the
- Oversight of All Saints’ Planned Giving Program, the Legacy
Society, to develop and implement strategies to steward current
donors and add new members.
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective leadership
donors, cultivating relationships to keep them in the center of our
faith community and enhance their giving experience.
- Work with the Rector to manage the Rector’s portfolio of vestry
and major donors.
- Work with leadership to develop the yearly giving and events
calendar including dates for training and acknowledging
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to ensure the success of
the stewardship efforts.
- Nurture and maintain a highly collaborative relationship with
the Rector and Vestry, supporting them in their fundraising efforts
and accompanying them on donor visits, when appropriate.
Skills and Qualifications
- Committed to embracing and enhancing the mission and philosophy
of the Church and maintaining a sense of community within the
- At least five years of proven experience and knowledge of:
- Annual giving program development and implementation
- Major Giving programs including prospect identification,
cultivation solicitation, acknowledgment and recognition
- Planned Giving
- Capital Campaigns
- Fundraising software and database management
- All aspects of volunteer leadership and training
- Creative and innovative fundraising strategies
- Grant research, cultivation, and successful grant writing
- Donor communications
- Understanding of, belief in and ability to speak about the
theology of generosity and to articulate a faithful critique of
- Ability to work cross-culturally, intergenerationally and
collaboratively within a large and diverse staff and
- Keen strategic thinker who can assemble and analyze data/ideas
from across the organization and over the years, and synthesize
relevant data/ideas to assemble and motivate staff and
- Excellent communicator, both oral and written.
- Deep attraction and commitment to the mission and values of All
All Saints Church is an equal opportunity employer and is committed
to an ongoing process of multiculturalism and equity of gender and
sexual identity. We encourage all interested people from all races,
ethnic origins, national origins, faith communities, sexual
orientations, gender identities and/or expressions to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover
letter and your resume to:
Samantha Kramer, HR Generalist
All Saints Church
132 N Euclid Ave.
Pasadena, CA 91101