As L.A.'s premier performing arts destination, The Music Center
convenes artists, communities and ideas with the goal of deepening
the cultural lives of every resident in Los Angeles County. The $70
million non-profit performing arts organization has three
divisions: TMC Arts, TMC Ops and TMC Business Services, TMC Arts,
The Music Center’s programming engine, provides year-round
programming inside The Music Center’s four theatres, which include
Walt Disney Concert Hall, Dorothy Chandler Pavilion, Ahmanson
Theatre and Mark Taper Forum; on Jerry Moss Plaza; outside at Grand
Park, a 12-acre adjacent green space; in schools and neighborhoods
all over Los Angeles County; and on a digital platform called
The Music Center Offstage. TMC Arts presents world-class
dance with Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music
Center, free and low-cost public concerts and events, as well
as K–12 arts learning programs, workshops, performances,
interactive experiences and special events. TMC Ops manages the
theatres, the plaza and Grand Park, which comprise $2 billion in
county assets, on behalf of the County of Los Angeles. TMC Business
Services includes Advancement, Human Resources, Finance, IT and
Marketing and Communications. The Music Center is also home to four
renowned resident companies—Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles
Master Chorale, LA Opera and LA Phil.
Center Dance Arts (CDA) is a dynamic community of patrons who
share a passion for dance. Through its membership community, CDA
brings dance to life by promoting The Music Center’s world-class
dance performances, extensive educational outreach and free and
low-cost dance and dancing experiences. For over 22 years, CDA has
provided resources and strategic focus to support dance programming
at The Music Center and to elevate dance in Los Angeles.
The Music Center seeks a resourceful, proactive and
collaborative professional with excellent interpersonal skills to
manage fundraising activities for Center Dance Arts. The Membership
Manager builds strong relationships with donors and implements a
comprehensive development plan to secure resources for dance
performances and programs, with an annual goal of $500,000.
Experienced in nonprofit development, the ideal candidate is
passionate about arts, culture, and civic engagement, and highly
motivated by The Music Center’s mission. Reporting to the Director
of Leadership Giving, the Membership Manager is part of a 20-person
Advancement department and works closely with key internal
stakeholders across departments and volunteer leadership.
- Create and implement an annual membership plan including
solicitation, communications, events and stewardship, on time and
within approved budgetary guidelines.
- Produce effective fundraising materials such as brochures,
letters, emails, website content and videos.
- Oversee stewardship including concierge ticketing, fulfillment
of benefits, newsletters and gift acknowledgments.
- Plan events including salons, meetups and other activities.
Collaborate with the Director of Events & Stewardship on artist
receptions, invited technical rehearsals and student matinees.
- Support the volunteer and fundraising activities of the CDA
Board and committees.
- Manage a portfolio of 20-30 donors and prospects in the range
of $1,000 - $10,000.
- Assist the Director of Leadership Giving with planning and
execution of curated donor trips.
- Maintain relevant donor records in Tessitura database in
collaboration with Advancement Services.
- Support Individual Giving team strategies to grow the
Ambassadors recognition program ($10K+)
- Determine donor acquisition strategies and develop a donor
pipeline for increased giving across all programs, in collaboration
with Advancement and Marketing colleagues.
- Create reports to demonstrate donor impact, financial results,
engagement, and membership trends.
- Promote planned giving opportunities and identify planned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with three or more
years of experience in nonprofit development required, preferably
in arts & culture organizations.
- Must be willing to personally solicit gifts.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to build collaborative and inclusive working
relationships with donors, volunteers, staff and vendors,
exercising good judgment and discretion.
- Creative problem-solving skills and adaptability in an
energetic and changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects
- Analytical decision-making skills to inform donor engagement
and cultivation strategies.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365 or comparable.
- Experience with Zoom, project management software, and
fundraising databases is preferred; basic graphic design software
is a plus.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends.
Work Schedule: Currently
the TMC Arts staff practice a hybrid (remote with scheduled onsite
team days) weekly schedule and work onsite/in person for live
events. Standard hours are approximately 9-5 Monday to Friday with
adjustments to accommodate programming needs. Must be available to
work nights and weekends as needed.
Salary: This is a
full-time non-exempt position. The weekly administrative schedule
is 35 hours/per week. As an hourly position, this role is eligible
for overtime pay. Compensation package includes medical, dental and
vision health plans, welfare insurance benefits, 401k plan,
generous vacation and sick days.
Vaccination Policy: The
Music Center requires its employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19 with one booster, subject to certain exemptions as
required by law. New hires working at The Music Center must be
fully vaccinated no later than 60 days after hire and until they
are fully vaccinated will be required to submit weekly proof of
negative laboratory COVID-19 test and submit to additional masking
and social distancing requirements. Please contact The Music
Center’s Human Resources Department for a copy of the vaccination
How to Apply: To be considered, please
submit a cover letter and a resume. Please click
here to apply.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER