Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation
headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55
years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services that
lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon
provides programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and
Family Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing &
Financial Empowerment. POSITION
The Donor Prospect Specialist is a key member of the Resource
Development Team and works closely with the Senior Vice Development
and other team members to manage Telamon-TRC's donor database
(CRM), to identify, research, and qualify donor prospects, process
and acknowledge gifts, and generate fundraising performance
reports. They work independently to execute all aspects of the
duties required including, but not limited to donor database
management, data analysis and reporting, gift processing and fund
stewardship, donor/prospect research and pipeline management, and
constituent relationship / Moves Management tracking.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for effectively and accurately inputting and
maintaining Telamon-TRC's donor database CRM system.
2. Responsible to maintain sensitive and proprietary information in
a secure, professional, and confidential manner.
3. Serves as the expert user/administrator of the CRM including
becoming a certified user and maintaining continuing education of
all database features and training opportunities.
4. Provides overall fundraising administrative support,
donor/volunteer communications, board committee meeting support,
data management, and occasional annual fund solicitation
5. Oversees gift processing and acknowledgement including, entry,
batch review and gift commitments.
6. Serves as key liaison with the departments of Resource
Development and Finance to ensure that all donor gifts are
accurately processed and reconciled with the Finance department,
and then provides financial analysis and predictive modeling for
7. Maintains and refines standard database queries for accurate and
relevant data export.
8. Assures accurate and timely delivery of standard and special
request database outputs such as annual donor tax letters, reports,
mailing lists, donor contribution acknowledgements, pledge
accounting, and monthly balancing of database with Finance
Department. 9. Maintains current file of donor
non-disclosure/confidentiality agreement for all persons who have
access to donor information.
10. Assures that all RE NXT data dependent procedures are
documented in Telamon's RE NXT Procedures Manual and maintained in
SharePoint, e.g., establishing soft credits, assigning attributes,
criteria for various appeals, sample letter templates, etc.
11. Serves as the first point of contact for Telamon-TRC staff with
questions about or problems with the use of Raiser's Edge NXT and
serves as the liaison to vendors and the IT department in
maintaining the system and troubleshooting problems.
12. Works to enhance data capture for more effective "moves
management" interaction by including notes from prospect and donor
meetings, relationships and all substantive contacts.
13. Proactively identify and qualify new donor prospects using
external information, external data mining, extensive relationship
mapping, cultivation planning, etc.
14. Assist Resource Development and program staff with research
pertaining to grant applications.
15. Using a broad spectrum of resources, research, organize, and
evaluate a prospect's financial capacity, ability to give,
inclination to give, charitable interests, and connection to
Telamon's mission & values.
16. Produce in-depth, well-written Prospect Profiles by
synthesizing and analyzing information obtained from internal and
17. Track all grants in Grant-Tracking Tool -- maintaining data
18. Assist the Senior Vice President for Resource Development in
compiling reports that can be shared with Governing Board.
19. Oversee direct mail fundraising, including, drafting
solicitation content, and vendor and design management.
20. Maintain overall development operations annual calendar.
21. Responsible to understand all aspects of prospect
identification and management and the data that supports it.
22. Perform other duties as requested. SUPERVISORY
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to
train or explain work procedures to others. ROLE
Education and Experience Requirements:
* A Bachelor's degree is required.
* Three or more years of related work experience.
* Experience with donor development/CRM software systems. Strong
preference for experience with moves management and Raiser's Edge
* Familiarity and experience working with national foundations,
governmental foundations, and private/corporate foundations.
* Knowledge of prospect research methods and current philanthropic
* Experience in project management, managing multiple projects and
tasks of varying complexity.
* Experience with research, and data analysis skills.
Skills and Abilities Required:
* Must have high
integrity and commitment to always honor donor intent and maintain
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel and
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to work closely in a trusted team environment where
sharing and teamwork is valued.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to quickly assess and prioritize competing demands, while
maintaining exemplary customer service.
* Ability to learn complex funding opportunity requirements,
policies and regulations. ESSENTIAL JOB
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* Work is performed both in an office environment and
* Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer
* Occasional light lifting.
* Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
* Driving/sitting for prolonged periods of time.