Manager, City Springs
Reports To: Marketing Manager
The Development Manager is responsible for the management of
City Springs’ contributed revenue, with emphasis on corporate and
individual sponsorships. This position will also support the
individual giving program and help develop a roster of events that
promote sponsor and individual member relationships, including
recruitment, renewals, and upgrades. This position will work
directly with the Marketing Manager and Executive Director to
develop meaningful cultivation and solicitation.
- Alongside Executive leadership, help manage a portfolio of
sponsorship prospects from identification through solicitation and
- Alongside department leadership, help create and manage
timelines and communications about all the organization’s
contributed revenue sources: individual, corporate, and
- Schedule communications with key prospects, help build
long-term relationships, and help develop regular touchpoints for
- Participate in planning and execution of annual fundraising
events – including procurement of vendors, sponsorships, in-kind,
and other resources. Document event details for departmental
- Prepare reports and gift records for distribution to
organizational leadership, across departments, and to City
- Compose acknowledgement and appeal letters; contribute to
annual reports, meeting reports, and fundraising materials.
Maintain thorough documentation of contributions and a database of
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications teams to
manage sponsor and some donor communications, including event
invitations, e-newsletters, direct mailings, renewal
solicitations, sponsorship proposals, and
- Manage day-to-day development activities to ensure that all
administrative and operational aspects of development are executed
at a high level of quality and efficiency.
Three years of experience with marketing, development, or
fundraising, preferably in a municipality or non-profit
Familiarity with areas of fundraising, including sponsorships,
donor research, grants, foundations, individual and planned giving.
Highly organized and creative, with a passion for the
arts, contemporary performance, and City Springs’
Outstanding attention to details and deadlines.
Very strong planning, organizational, interpersonal, and
Some experience using multi-channel digital platforms such as
email, newsletters, websites, social media, etc. for
Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Ability to speak and write persuasively about City Springs as an
artistic and cultural organization and a community
Passion for connecting with people and community, demonstrate
presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening
Knowledge of and connections within the greater Atlanta
philanthropic/business community, or the ability to quickly build
these connections, is a plus.
Proficiency in MS Office/Outlook and other office software;
working knowledge of donor databases and online research
- Qualified candidates will possess exceptional relationship
management, planning, and collaboration skills.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in fundraising, sponsorships
or development/marketing operations for a non-profit
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Arts/Nonprofit Management,
Communications, or Marketing.
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience to
fulfill the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in a municipal arts center or performing arts
organization strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of, experience in and/or strong interest in arts and
culture is preferred.
- Must have current Driver's License and 2 years good driving
- Ability to work flexible schedule based on event needs,
including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.