Director, Advancement Communications
Regular or Temporary: Regular
Hours per Week: 40
FLSA Determination: Exempt
Weeks per Year: 52
Open Date: 11/11/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Trinity College seeks a staff that reflects the changing
demographics of our student body. Our student body is diverse,
representing 41 states and 70 countries, with 21 percent U.S.
students of color and 50 percent who identify as women. More than
90 percent of students live on campus. Trinity is a highly
selective, independent, nonsectarian liberal arts institution
located in the capital city of Hartford, Connecticut. With more
than 2,100 full-time undergraduate students and 91 graduate
students, the college maintains a rigorous academic profile
complemented by a vibrant and diverse co-curricular program. We
consider our location in a culturally and socioeconomically diverse
capital city to be among Trinity’s most distinctive assets, and we
cultivate strong connections with our surrounding neighbors and
with institutions and organizations throughout Hartford and the
region. As a preeminent liberal arts college in an urban setting,
Trinity College prepares students to be bold, independent thinkers
who lead transformative lives.
Trinity College seeks a talented and strategic director of
advancement communications to lead communications and marketing
efforts for Advancement, which includes annual giving, development,
donor communications, and alumni relations. This person will lead
the development of plans, strategies, and tools to help the college
enhance fundraising, alumni participation, and engage alumni
audiences broadly. Reporting to the senior director of integrated
marketing and planning, the director will work closely as a partner
and liaison for the senior leadership group in Advancement to
develop and execute communications and marketing plans that are
integrated into the college’s planning processes. A leader with an
entrepreneurial spirit and experience in community building, the
director will lead with a vision to build digital communication and
engagement efforts, evolving the success of the
Virtual Long Walk platform and developing content to
elevate alumni profiles in advance of the Bicentennial and the
public phase of a comprehensive campaign.
The successful candidate must be:
- A skilled liaison and communications leader with excellent
interpersonal, collaboration, and project management skills.
- A seasoned marketing professional with familiarity with
non-profit, fundraising, and/or alumni communications.
- A skilled writer, editor, and producer of content.
- A strategic collaborator capable of bringing creativity,
innovation, and communications trends to practice.
- A seasoned digital communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree required, and 7 or more years of experience
in communications, marketing, or development.
- Expertise in development communications and alumni
- Experience in social media, email marketing, and digital
engagement best practices. Full proficiency with social media
communities such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and
- Must be an excellent writer and editor with a keen eye for
- Experienced collaborator who excels in working with others
toward a common goal.
- Proven project management skills and the ability to thrive in a
fast-paced environment while prioritizing and handling multiple
- Demonstrated creative and entrepreneurial thinking, and the
ability to identify innovative engagement opportunities.
- Value Trinity’s commitment to inclusiveness; demonstrate
respect and commitment to diversity.
- Familiarity with fundraising principles and experience in
higher education or academic setting.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite or
- Experience with PeopleSoft and/or CRM systems.
- Experience with content management systems, such as
- Degree from or familiarity with Trinity College highly
Special Instructions to Applicants
All applicants must apply online at https://trincoll.peopleadmin.com/postings/2797
by submitting their resume, cover letter and 3 references
to this site.
Trinity College requires proof of COVID19 vaccination and
booster or an approved exemption prior to beginning
Trinity is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action