Alabama Public Television (APT) seeks a full-time Major
Gifts/Foundation Support Officer at its Birmingham office. This
position will be responsible for increasing the capacity and
financial stability of its Major Gift and Foundation Support
programs, as well as assisting in the development of the Planned
Gifts program as needed. This position will be responsible for
cultivating, soliciting, negotiating, closing, and stewarding
philanthropic gifts at 4-figures and above.
- Oversee donor research for Major Gifts to include personal
solicitations, direct mail campaigns, broadcast and social media
appeals, and promotions.
- Oversee prospect research for Foundation Support including
personal visits to foundation or trust officers
- Maximize internal strategic partnerships by working closely
with various APT departments including Corporate Support, Creative
Services, Membership, Marketing, and Digital Media, Production,
- Participate in and support the planning and staffing of special
fundraising campaigns and efforts.
- Maintain donor and prospect information, foundation records and
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Minimum 5 years of development experience, with at least 2
years in major/planned gifts and proven success in closing
- Ability to establish strong interpersonal relationships at all
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
PowerPoint), fundraising software and donor databases, Google
platforms, and online platforms for proposal and grant report
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is an APT Foundation position. Salary commensurate with
experience. A benefits package is also provided. NO PHONE
CALLS/FAXES. APT is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.