The purpose of this position is to promote and advance the
annual fundraising activities for Ridgewater College. Primary
responsibility will include creating and implementing a
comprehensive, year-round fundraising campaign for annual giving in
line with the college’s strategic plan. The fundraising campaign
plan will include goals, strategies and programming that aim to
build and engage our donor base, with a strong focus on donor
acquisition and continued/increased giving. This individual will
also identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with
established and potential donors including alumni, seek and secure
gifts, and identify potential planned giving and major gift
prospects. This position will work closely with the Vice
President of Advancement & Outreach / Foundation Executive
Director, College President, Foundation board members and key
- Two year degree in related field (such as business, marketing,
sales, public relations, etc) and/or two-five years of relevant
work experience in marketing, sales, public relations, financial
advisement or other similar field with emphasis on relationship
cultivation and solicitation of individuals/businesses
- Demonstrated ability to ask for charitable contributions
- Proven verbal, interpersonal and networking skills and ability
to deal effectively and sensitively with constituents and to
develop strong collaborative relationships
- Ability to create high-quality and effective written
communications, correspondence, reports, and other documents and
presentations with meticulous attention to detail using Microsoft
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple simultaneous projects
efficiently while paying attention to overall goals
- Demonstrated interest in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Self-starter with proven ability to initiate tasks and projects
and produce measurable outcomes
- Experience in higher education fundraising
- Proficiency using Raiser’s Edge or other similar database
- Experience developing fundraising campaigns, including
crowdfunding and online giving
- Experience with project and event coordination
- Skills in research and data analysis sufficient to track giving
data and trends
RIDGEWATER COLLEGE INSTITUTION
EQUITY STATEMENT: Ridgewater College is
committed to providing welcoming and inclusive campuses that value
and respect the unique experiences, needs and contributions of
individuals and groups from every background and identity to ensure
that each student, employee and community member has a genuine
opportunity for participation and success.
VISION: Ridgewater College is a
student-centered educational leader focused on innovation,
excellence and affordability.
MISSION: Ridgewater College empowers diverse
learners to reach their full potential and enrich their lives
through personalized and relevant education in an accessible,
supportive, and inclusive environment.
- Enterprising - We are future-focused, and change-oriented,
developing creative solutions to challenges that maximize our
institutional, system and local resources.
- Empowerment – We develop and empower employees to make
decisions to best serve students and stakeholders.
- Excellence – We strive to exceed expectations in all that we
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We seek to understand and
appreciate the needs and experiences of every individual and
actively work to provide genuine opportunities for everyone to
succeed and participate in college activities and processes.
- Trust and Respect – We are committed to developing a culture
based in processes and behavior that create trust and respect among
- Collaboration – We connect and work together to achieve common
goals while respecting needs and interests of stakeholders.
- Curiosity and Creativity – We constantly strive to understand,
learn, change, and improve.
- Accountability – As individuals and groups, we willingly accept
and take ownership of our successes and failures.
RIDGEWATER’S COMMITMENT TO EQUITY AND INCLUSION:
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY PLAN:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and
Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees
driving on college/university business who use a rental or state
vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use
criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
NOTICE: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal
Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of
diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals
based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national
origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status,
status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as
defined by law.
As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and
encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with
disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran
The employee should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in
diverse cultures and populations.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the
United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call
Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Ridgewater College is an Equal Employment Opportunity
A MEMBER OF THE MINNESOTA STATE SYSTEM
A Member of HERC Higher Education Recruitment Consortium