The LSU in Shreveport (LSUS) Foundation Seeks Part-Time
Director of Finance
We seek a professional with a successful track record of
financial management and other administrative functions at a small,
highly-collaborative, mission-driven organization. The ideal
candidate will be a multi-tasker and team player with the ability
to identify fiscal best practices and implement them accordingly.
This is a remote position requiring quarterly travel and weekly
Our Ideal Candidate:
- MBA in Finance or related field; CPA preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in accounting/finance
- Proficiency with accounting software and electronic databases
required, Blackbaud's Financial Edge is preferred.
- Ability to analyze and communicate financial data to others who
may be lacking a finance background.
- Willingness to “roll-up their sleeves” as needed, and
comfortable toggling between routine implementation of tasks and
higher-level strategy and planning efforts.
- Familiarity with nonprofit sector preferred.
How You Will Spend Your Day:
- Oversee all routine accounting work and ensure accurate monthly
and quarterly accounting, including maintenance of financial
systems and reporting tools and completion of the monthly bank
reconciliation, as well as appropriate supporting documentation
related to fiscal operations.
- Provide monthly update and analysis of cash flow, and ensure
liquid funds are available.
- Monitor and track expenses according to budget, prepare
financial reports, and hone financial management tools for analysis
and greater efficiency.
- Work with outside firm to coordinate annual audit; work with
outside firm to prepare and file annual tax returns.
- Prepare accurate and meaningful financial reports – including
monthly and quarterly reports, periodic presentations to the Board
of Directors, and government filings.
- Work with LSUS Foundation’s investment firm to prepare
summaries of investment performance levels for Trustee
- Assure that the LSUS Foundation is compliant with all
requirements, including Louisiana Board of Supervisors and
Louisiana Board of Regents requirements.
- Oversee and implement payroll functions; review quarterly
reports to ensure that appropriate tax payments are submitted by
the payroll company; oversee completion of W-2s and 1099s.
Job Type: Part-time
20-25 hours a week
Virtual Meetings Required Monthly
Quarterly, expense-paid travel to Shreveport, Louisiana
University holidays are paid including December and Thanksgiving
Position is open until filled.
To apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Executive
Director Laura Perdue at Laura.Perdue@LSUS.edu