Summary of Position
The newly created role of Director of Project Management and
Strategic Initiatives will report to the Director of Strategy,
Process, and Operations and is responsible for managing projects
simultaneously across the organization, including the processes for
gift proposals, gift agreements, and other projects as needed. The
Director of Project Management and Strategic Initiatives will work
closely across organizational teams, including senior leadership,
fundraising, finance, legal and operations. The ideal candidate
will have excellent communication skills, enjoy working with a
diverse group of individuals, and thrive in a fast-paced
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Design, map, and implement processes that promote greater
efficiencies in support of the fundraising process, from donor
discovery to solicitation to gift closing and stewardship.
- Implement project management systems across the organization
that lead to measured and timely achievement of individual and
team-based goals in support of the strategic vision.
- Promote best practices for project management including the
promotion of cloud-based technology fluency for all members of the
- Track progress towards strategic priorities in support of the
organization’s overall strategic vision and prepare status reports
for leadership and members of the team at large.
- Provide special project support to the leadership team of the
Chief Strategy Officer.
- Assess communication methods, approval protocols, dashboards,
and use of metrics to measure progress across the organization and
implement systems designed to make improvements.
- Develop quarterly updates to be shared with the organization on
team accomplishments and progress towards project-based goals in
support of the strategic vision.
- Design process to promote healthy planning and execution
associated with events and related material generation and support
the teams involved.
Other duties may also be assigned.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Project Management (PMP) certification desirable.
- 5+ years of proven experience in the nonprofit sector,
preferably in operations and/or strategy.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and
supporting teams in the successful execution of strategic
- Proficiency and skill in using and implementing project
- Strong analytical thinking and mathematical skills.
- Demonstrated record in building strong relationships across
diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in the face of multiple
priorities, shifting circumstances and the demands of servicing a
large organization and donor base.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Initiative and ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills.
- Candidates must be committed to implementing best practices and
demonstrate an adherence to the highest standards of ethical
- Must possess a strong inner drive to contribute.
Strong desire to contribute to a team and the mission of the
Weizmann Institute of Science.
Computer Skills Required:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Teams, Planner, Project,
Power Automate, and OneDrive
- Experience and proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (NXT) or other
Please submit cover letter and resume here:
ACWIS values diversity and is committed to equal
opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability,
ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by