Summary of Position:
The Director of Stewardship is a newly created role and an
essential member of the Strategy team. The Director will report to
the Managing Director, Donor Relations & National Programs.
ACWIS’ stewardship program has been largely designed and the
role will be responsible for implementing, directing, and
refining this comprehensive stewardship program to promote
engagement and connection with donors at all levels of
What you will do:
- Design and implement a best-in-class stewardship program that
will generate meaningful stewardship and engagement opportunities
for donors with gifts at the highest levels.
- Serve as a donor relations and stewardship thought leader,
aligning the program with the American Committee’s strategic
- Identify ways for the stewardship program to be innovative and
efficient, ensuring the American Committee remains at the forefront
of trends and industry practices.
- Build collaborative relationships with key stakeholders and
subject matter experts to inform the development of strategic donor
relations and stewardship plans.
- Closely partner with frontline fundraisers to build and track
stewardship plans that are aligned with donor interests.
- In collaboration with the Prospect Management and Research and
Information Management teams, develop stewardship metrics
- Gather, receive, and interpret data to track the impact and
efficiency of the stewardship program.
- Other duties may also be assigned.
What you must have:
Bachelor’s degree required.
7+ years of proven experience in the nonprofit sector,
preferably in fundraising and stewardship.
Candidates must be committed to implementing best practices,
demonstrate an adherence to the highest standards of ethical
practices, and possess superb communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing complex projects and
supporting teams in the successful execution of strategic
- Demonstrated record in building strong relationships across
diverse groups of stakeholders.
- Highly strategic, collaborative, and ambitious.
- Ability to remain calm and flexible in the face of multiple
priorities, shifting circumstances and the demands of servicing a
large donor base.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a
- Initiative and ownership of projects.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing
- Strong desire to contribute to a team and the mission of the
Weizmann Institute of Science.
Computer Skills Required:
Experience and proficiency with Raiser’s Edge (NXT) or other
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
The goal of ACWIS's compensation philosophy is to ensure that
pay is fair, competitive, and reasonable to attract and retain
talented and highly qualified workers. The compensation range for
this role at ACWIS is $130,000 to $160,000. The market includes a
variety of factors that impact total pay, including but not
limited, to departmental budgets, internal equity, education,
specialized skills and experience, and geography.
ACWIS offers generous benefits including:
Health, dental, vision insurance
LTD and Group Term Life Insurance
Professional development opportunities
Tuition reimbursement provision
Remote working environment
ACWIS is searching for talented, passionate, and resourceful
professionals like you. Here you will discover committed team
members that are motivated to seeing the world around them improved
through the innovative and groundbreaking research done at the
Weizmann Institute and who share our mission of "science for the
benefit of humanity."
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to unlawful discrimination because of their age,
race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, familial status, pregnancy status,
genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence,
covered military or protected veteran status, disability, or any
other applicable federal, state or local protected class, trait or
status or that of persons with whom an applicant