*THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION
- IT IS NOT
REQUIRED FOR CANDIDATES TO NEITHER LIVE IN NOR RELOCATE TO
As a 46-year-old global organization with operations in
35 countries, Enactus engages #NextGen entrepreneurial leaders to
use innovation and business principles to create a better, more
sustainable world. Our global network is particularly committed to
developing leaders with the mindsets and skills to help achieve the
2030 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals in diverse
contexts. Each year, Enactus educates tens of thousands of students
on 2,000 campuses, across 35 countries. Through our
curriculum, students annually launch 3,000 entrepreneurial projects
focused on creating positive social or environmental impact.
In 2021, those projects reached 11.6 million
The Enactus fundraising team is responsible for revenue
generation for Enactus global, Enactus United States and supports
the 30+ countries of the Enactus network. The three-fundraiser team
works remotely from the United States. The team is engaged in
raising philanthropic support from individual, foundation,
corporate and government sources. The 2022 revenue goal is $6
million, a 21% increase from 2021. The team is focused on
diversifying Enactus revenue from what has been a focus on
corporate support. Institutional giving is a key part of Enactus’
Enactus is seeking a dynamic development professional who wants
to make a powerful impact in the world through the next generation
of entrepreneurial leaders. You are the perfect person for this
role if you are:
- A motivated fundraiser who inspires confidence and
- A detail-focused self-starter who can nurture current
relationships as well as identify and pursue new partnership and
- Inspired to work with an organization that develops and
supports nextgen leaders
- Entrepreneurial at heart.
To be successful, this role will work closely with the Global
Development Team, on projects that have a real, tangible impact on
the organization and the world; it will also secure support for
Enactus from institutional partners including foundations,
corporations, and governments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and facilitates institutional donor involvement
including discovery, cultivation, ask / close and stewardship.
Helps to design fundraising strategies and determine appropriate
steps for cultivation and solicitation, e.g., contacts prospective
funding sources and follows up with appropriate actions such as
helping to prepare Enactus leadership for prospective donor
meetings through written and/or oral briefings, and schedules and
attends meetings and presentations.
- Researches, identifies and cultivates new sources of
- Interacts with funders over the phone, e-mail, and in person,
to develop and deepen relationships through formal and informal
- Gathers information and prepares draft and final proposals,
correspondence and other accompanying materials, including budgets;
oversees/coordinates the production of final proposals with
- Assists with and oversees gathering information and writing
interim and final reports to funding sources and other
- Monitors new grant-making activity and changing developments in
the community of institutional donors.
- Works collaboratively with other Fundraising staff by sharing
materials to improve the quality of Enactus’ materials.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to achieve goals
and meet deadlines.
- Initiates and participates in project development discussions
with other Enactus staff – from global, United States and the
- Develops a thorough knowledge of education, entrepreneurship
and related research as well as Enactus program offerings and
- Participates in the fundraising team’s annual goal-setting
- Updates and maintains files and/or database to reflect contacts
- Serves as an appropriate representative of Enactus with all
- May supervise interns on a case-by-case basis. May refer work
to development associate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree or professional
certification a plus.
- 3 - 5 years of fundraising and development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated annual fundraising of $1 million to $3 million in
- Proven ability to strategically and effectively build
relationships and partnerships with foundations, corporations and
governmental and/or foundational entities raising $1 million to $3
million in annual philanthropic revenue.
- Must have excellent writing and editing and oral communication
skills, preferably in the area of development and/or grant
- Ability to eloquently articulate and show passion for Enactus’s
- Demonstrated leadership in teamwork, particularly on
distributed, remote and /or matrixed teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and gain the
respect and support of various, diverse constituencies, including
Enactus leadership, donors, alumni and colleagues.
- Must possess good judgment and exercise diplomacy in dealing
with a variety of constituents.
- Must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to
prioritize work appropriately and adapt easily to changing
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed, primarily
domestically but could involve international travel on occasion.
This could include Enactus United States national competitions and
partner gatherings (US) and Enactus World Cup and network