The Director of Events will oversee the events area of the
Development team, supervising a staff of one. The individual is
responsible for all aspects of our Gala, and our largest paid
program with an annual income of $3.5MM-4MM, which includes working
closely with Board members, donors, honorees, and colleagues across
the organization. The incumbent will need excellent communication
skills and the ability to interface technically with Tessitura and
Wordfly. They will also be responsible for executing dinners and
other high-level stewardship events. The individual must be
extraordinarily detail- oriented, have excellent verbal and written
communication skills, and demonstrate grace under
- Responsible to growing income to $4MM+ over time, by
successfully designing and executing internal and off-site Jazz at
Lincoln Center events.
- Develop and implement strategies to plan, manage and execute a
consistent series of donor cultivation events and activities.
- Build and cultivate relationships with internal and external
vendors to ensure successful event execution.
- Supervise the Manager, Events and Special Projects to help
devise strategies for events and monitor progress.
- Interface with Board members.
- Conduct site visits and maintain open communication to develop
events that best meet the client’s needs.
- Develop and track event budgets to ensure contractual needs are
- Ensure consistent high-quality service and execution standards
when working with clients and staff.
- Manage scheduling in Arts Vision and coordinate with operations
and production crews at Frederick P. Rose Hall to ensure seamless
execution and transitions between events.
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts with competitive
- Work with Creative Services team to oversee the management and
creation of event related materials.
- Frequently communicate event progress with staff members and
- Liaise with Finance, Legal, and other departments for various
- Bachelor’s degree required with six years’ experience in event
planning and/or project management.
- Superior written, oral, and interpersonal communication
- Proven ability to provide effective and high-touch customer
service for internal and external vendors.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple
projects with frequent and specific deadlines.
- Ability to work with diplomacy and tact.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, proficiency with
email, internet and research databases required. Knowledge of
Tessitura a plus.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule as determined by
- Knowledge of or keen interest in and appreciation of jazz and
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including
generous PTO, medical, dental, and a 403(b) plan. This position
will work a Hybrid Schedule 3 days in office and 2 days at
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, salary
requirements, and resume to email@example.com. Please include
how you heard about the position in your cover letter and write
Director, Events in the subject line. Due to the large volume of
applications we receive, we will only be able to contact those who
are being most actively considered for a position.
Those who are offered a position with Jazz at Lincoln Center
will be required to provide written confirmation of a completed
COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
To assist any individual who is unable to be vaccinated
because of a medical condition or who objects to being vaccinated
on the basis of sincerely held religious beliefs and practices,
JALC will engage in an interactive process to determine if a
reasonable accommodation can be provided, so long as it does not
create an undue hardship for the JALC and/or does not pose a direct
threat to the health or safety of others in the workplace and/or to
the employee. To request an accommodation, please notify JALC Human
Resources in writing at ReasonableAccommodations@jazz.org.