Want to work for a great Organization?
The American Bankers Association is the banking industry's
champion. Joining ABA makes you part of a team that: • has
Extraordinary People - ABA experts are the "go to" sources for
bankers, policy makers and the media for credible information and
insights for the banking industry. • has Unmatched Scope and Scale
- ABA's unparalleled information and services keep members current,
knowledgeable and prepared. • is Impact-Driven - ABA has a proven
record of bringing about positive change for our members and the
industry. We take action and achieve results. Plus competitive pay,
an outstanding benefits package, a convenient DC location, a
professional collegial work environment and an opportunity to work
on issues of national significance equals a winning
The ABA Foundation empowers banks to provide financial education
to individuals at every age, elevate issues around affordable
housing and community development, and achieve corporate social
responsibility objectives to improve the well-being of their
customers and their communities. Since 1997, the ABA Foundation’s
financial education initiatives have reached over 11 million young
The Senior Manager of Youth Financial Education is responsible
for furthering the ABA Foundation’s mission to promote youth
financial education for students – kindergarten through college.
The Senior Manager will work with banks and bankers to help teach
the next generation essential skills like budgeting, understanding
credit, paying for college, avoiding student loan scams, and more.
This role will deliver innovative programs, curricula, resources,
and technical assistance to build the capacity of banks to improve
the financial literacy of youth, teens and college students in
their communities aligned with their corporate social
responsibility and community development objectives. The Senior
Manager will also identify and manage strategic partnerships with
organizations and coalitions and complement the efforts of the ABA
policy team to promote financial health across the country.
• Manage the implementation, design, and development of three
youth financial education programs. Under the oversight of the Vice
President of Consumer Education, plan campaigns, design new
materials, and work to increase banker participation in Foundation
programming throughout the banking industry.
• Identify and disseminate promising practices and support
banker efforts to create youth financial education programs,
particularly for youth in underserved communities.
• Represent ABA Foundation at public speaking engagements,
including partner conferences, meetings, forums, and other national
and local events.
• Prepare communications related materials such as brief
newsletter blurbs, presentations, articles, social media campaigns,
videos, infographics, and other materials.
• Work with SVP and Development Director to assist with
sponsorship activities and serve as primary or secondary
relationship manager with Foundation funders.
• Develop and maintain program budgets.
• Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, economics, public
policy, public administration, education and/or related field.
• At least five years of advanced-level experience in a private,
public, or nonprofit role managing and developing programs in
financial capability. Experience in the fields of financial
literacy, asset building, bank corporate social responsibility, or
other core community issue areas.
• Keen understanding of financial literacy concepts and
strategic approaches to improve youth financial capability.
• Experience in the development, implementation, and support of
national programs and initiatives, including managing relationships
with external consultants, partner organizations, and
• Curriculum development experience preferred.
• Excellent research, writing, analytical, communication, public
speaking, and project management skills.
• Must be organized, motivated, flexible, able to prioritize and
handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; interacts effectively and
professionally with individuals at all levels within organizations,
as well as with outside partners.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Ability to travel (<20%).
American Bankers Association (ABA) is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, gender
identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected Veteran status,
personal appearance, political affiliation, family
responsibilities, or any other characteristic protected by
ABA encourages and celebrates diversity so if you are motivated,
hardworking and want to make a difference, come as you are!