Vice President for
Wright State University
Wright State University invites applications for the position of
Vice President for Advancement who will lead a dynamic and
comprehensive team of professionals dedicated to fundraising,
outreach, engagement, and transformation. The Vice President will
build and develop a talented team whose collective vision of a
successful Wright State includes forging partnerships at the
community, regional and national levels. Priority activities for
this team include:
- Corporate, Community, and Foundation Engagement
- Alumni and Donor Relations
- Major, Planned, Annual Giving
- Advancement Services
- Marketing and Communications
- Events and Sponsorships
- Comprehensive Campaigns
- Liaison work with the Wright State University Foundation
Chartered by the State of Ohio in 1967 and named for aviation
pioneers Orville and Wilbur Wright, Wright State University is a
student-centered public research institution based in the Dayton,
Ohio Metropolitan Area. Wright State offers a comprehensive list of
undergraduate and graduate programs through colleges of: Business;
Health, Education and Human Services; Engineering and Computer
Science; Liberal Arts; Science and Mathematics; and Medicine.
Surrounded by a lush 200-acre biological reserve, Wright State
University’s 557-acre main campus is located in a suburban setting
just outside of Dayton, Ohio. The accessible and state-of-the-art
campus enrolls nearly 10,000 students. Wright State’s Dayton Campus
is complemented by the Lake Campus in west-central Ohio on the
shores of Grand Lake St. Marys, which serves another 1,200
students. Together with Cincinnati and Columbus metropolitan areas,
which are both within a 70 minutes-drive radius, our campus is
centered within a region of about 5 million people. Dayton is a
very livable, affordable cost of living city with numerous arts and
cultural opportunities (e.g., www.cultureworks.org; http://www.activedayton.com/).
The area is home to many international organizations, especially in
areas of defense, healthcare, science, and business services.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in leading a
dynamic philanthropic organization in higher education, healthcare,
or the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience in leading comprehensive, capital, or major gifts
- Success in cultivating and closing principal gifts.
- Experience in developing diverse and impactful volunteer
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience with working in a complex, dynamic environment
connecting the philanthropic interests and needs of students,
faculty, staff, and alumni with donors.
- Proven ability to manage in challenging times, with multiple
and diverse interests of many groups, and willingness to connect to
- Ability to serve as the bridge between the University and
prospective donors while advancing and protecting the interests of
- Experience with being accountable to multiple constituents such
as donors, volunteers, senior university leadership, and academic
- Superb communications skills with the ability to speak
passionately about the university, our students, vision, and
To apply, go to https://jobs.wright.edu/postings/17750
. Review of confidential applications and nominations will begin
immediately and continue until the position is filled. Wright State
University, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, is
committed to an inclusive environment and strongly encourages
applications from minorities, females, veterans and individuals