The Development Writer is a member of the Development team
serving as a lead storyteller, drafting and creating written
content to allow external stakeholders to fully understand and
appreciate Gaylord’s mission. The Writer is responsible for
articulating the goals and vision of Hospital initiatives, creating
persuasive cases for philanthropic support, and developing and
implementing effective strategies for communication with key
audiences, donors, and friends, across various print and digital
platforms. He/she will understand Gaylord Hospital’s fundraising
goals and will be able to eloquently express how these goals
advance the mission of the organization and the positive impact of
The Development Writer reports to the AVP of Development and is
an integral part of the fundraising efforts at Gaylord.
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of persuasive writing experience, such
as grant writing, cases for support, annual reports, business
pitches, or marketing narratives.
- Experienced in producing medical content that is factual,
compelling, and persuasive.
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills with the ability
to understand and appeal to multiple, varied audiences.
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to produce
high-quality work against a deadline while managing a variety of
- Relationship builder with flexibility and finesse to work
collaboratively with all constituent groups including staff, board
members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other
- Experience in writing proposals and developing collateral for
an academic medical center is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of and ability to work with
- Highly collaborative, innovative, detail-oriented, strategic,
creative, and intellectually curious thinker who has a demonstrated
track record of inspiring a culture of giving through communication
in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices associated with
fundraising in higher education or a medical center
including direct mail, telephone solicitations, online giving,
and donor relations.
A competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and
other incentives offered!
For more information and to apply on-line, please
visit our website at
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer –