HopeWorks is looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO) to
oversee the agency’s ongoing operations, procedures, and
programming. As a key member of the Executive Team, the COO reports
directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and establishes
policies that promote agency culture and vision through its
operations. This COO collaborates with other executive leadership
to develop, manage, and implement the operational aspects of HW
programs and services. The CEO is also responsible for maintaining
internal and external controls and implementing/establishing a set
of policies and processes that promote exceptional client care and
ensure financial sustainability, credibility, and transparency with
internal and external stakeholders.
HopeWorks provides an excellent benefits package that includes
21 PTO days per year, 11 Holidays, Birthday Holiday, Health and
Dental at 75% paid by HopeWorks, 50% for dependants, free Life
Insurance, and Health Reimbursement Account which provides up to
$3,000 per year to offset inpatient hospital stays, outpatient
surgeries, and labs/x-rays, Parental Leave, Trauma leave,
Retirement plan, and more. When applying for this position feel
free to request our Benefits Summary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides day-to-day leadership and management.
2. Work collaboratively in overseeing all of the agency’s
programs, which include, but are not limited to Behavioral Health,
Housing, and Hope Village. Provide direct supervision to key
reports in these areas.
3. Alongside the Quality Assurance and Compliance Officer,
ensure that all programs are meeting goals, outcomes, and revenue
expectations. Ensure compliance with all of our funding streams and
reporting requirements, as well as federal, state, county, and city
4. Ensure service sustainability through strong internal
5. Identify opportunities for HW to leverage cross-program
strengths to seize new opportunities and/or address organizational
6. Serve with the executive leadership team to participate in
organization-wide strategy development, advancement,
problem-solving, decision-making, and DEI objectives.
7. Maintain Hope Village compliance documents.
8. Brainstorm and implement ways to improve systems, processes,
controls, and procedures to ensure the overall efficiency of the
organization (both internally and externally), as well as its
commitment to client-centered care. Oversee daily business and
9. Collaborate with the CEO in setting and driving
organizational vision, operations strategy, and hiring, which
includes a commitment to DEI and social justice.
10. Translate strategy into actionable steps for growth and
profitability, as well as long-term goals for building reserve,
cash flow, and sustainability.
11. Mentor and inspire key members of the management team, as
well as cultivate rising talent.
12. With the CEO, oversee company operations and employee
productivity, building a highly inclusive culture that ensures team
members can thrive and that organizational goals are met.
13. High level of understanding of IT, HR, Finance, Marketing,
1. Five or more years of experience in senior executive
2. Experience working in the building and maintaining culture,
especially as it relates to DEI and social justice. Familiarity
with white supremacist culture characteristics and its
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or
industry-relevant equivalent; Master’s Degree a plus.
4. Excellent leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and
5. Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
6. Aptitude in sound decision-making and problem-solving in
7. Ability to thrive in a complex non-profit and mental health
8. Experience with Community Mental Health Centers and/or
9. Ability to represent the agency as needed; strong public
speaking and writing skills.
10. Understanding of advanced business planning and regulatory
11. Solid grasp of data analysis and performance metrics.
12. Knowledge of accounting, financial analysis, and
13. Ability to diagnose problems quickly and foresee potential
14. Trustworthy, dependable, creative, visionary.
· Previous experience as a Chief Operations Officer.
· Master’s degree in Health Management, Public Health, Business,
or Public Administration.
· 8-10 years of management experience with complex non-profit
· Experience with Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC)
Medicaid billing, and electronic health records.
· Familiarity with DEI and social justice core values and how to
operationalize white supremacist culture antidotes.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $90,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Masks are required in clinical
settings. New hires must be vaccinated or be able to establish an
Ability to commute/relocate:
Albuquerque, NM 87102:
Reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work
- Operations management: 8 years (Required)
- Non-Profit: 3 years (Required)
- COO: 3 years (Preferred)