The Associate Director of Stewardship &
Data will support and assist execution of comprehensive
campus-wide donor acknowledgement, recognition and reporting
initiatives to strengthen donor engagement and philanthropic
support to UF. Reporting to the Interim Director of Donor
Engagement, the incumbent will lead efforts to provide financial
data, donor data and donor research as needed for all members of
the Donor Relations team with special emphasis on annual endowment
fund reporting initiatives.
Role and Responsibilities:
Annual Endowment Reporting
- Manage execution of Annual Endowment Reporting process
including annual process development/improvement, research,
collaborating with internal partners, assembly, mailing and
emailing, appropriate documenting practices and responding to donor
or development officer inquiries.
- Conduct in-depth research for historical, biographical and
current contact information for endowed, non-endowed, building and
deferred gift funds.
- Serve as liaison between central Donor Relations and the
colleges/units to gather impact data, beneficiary testimonies, and
fund utilization details.
- Serve as liaison with Finance & Accounting to gather and
accurately report financial data.
- Oversee the assessment of tools and online platforms to improve
- Collaborate with members of the Business Process Management and
Strategic Communications & Marketing teams to create and manage
endowment microsites for all endowment recipients.
- Manage and execute Welcome to the Endowment program.
Stewardship Project Management
- Promote a consistent cycle of cultivation and recognition
through the prompt processing of data and research to aid
development and mailing of acknowledgment letters assigned to Donor
- Ensure donors to the University are thanked appropriately,
professionally, and accurately according to gift levels, donor
history, and special circumstances through collaboration on all
acknowledgement letters generated within Donor Relations.
- Oversee the President’s Council new member research and
processing to ensure accuracy and facilitation of welcome packets,
appropriate database coding and membership list management.
- Work closely with the Director of Donor Programs, the Interim
Director of Donor Engagement, and other colleagues in University
Advancement to identify donor segments that are under-recognized
and create strategic programs to enhance their donor experience
with emphasis on program process and reporting.
- Oversee and execute, in partnership with Gifts and Records, the
Memorial and Tribute gifts and Donor Advised Fund notification
- Oversee and execute the acknowledgment program for gifts that
come to UFF through donor advised funds.
Data, Research Support and Business
- Work closely with the Program Management and Data Services
teams as the CRM implementation Subject Matter Expert for the Donor
- Create and manage databases for new projects in the department
as needs arise; assist Colleges/Units with stewardship related
- Work closely with the Director of Donor Programs and the
Interim Director of Donor Engagement to create, enhance or align
work processes for efficient workflow between Donor Relations and
- Provide donor history and records to development, executive
staff and Board as requested.
- Assist all team members with technical or data-driven needs for
donor impact reporting.
- Develop system for and produce metrics that illustrate impact
of the Donor Relations team
strategies and projects on organizational goals.
- Track donor relations and SCME activities within established
database to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of
- Responsible for devising and using consistent, accurate, and
appropriate information-sharing mechanisms for stewarding prospects
- Contribute to regular brainstorming on innovative, unique and
personalized stewardship communications and experiences.
- Research and communicate emerging trends and best practices in
donor engagement and stewardship.
Work closely with other senior leaders to ensure effective and
streamlined processes across functions, linking database analytics,
finance, gift processing, and donor management.
Align with Operations to represent the Donor Relations team
through the CRM implementation phases and ensure team needs are
addressed and met.
Work closely with the Prospect Strategy & Research team to
ensure donor records and data are pertinent and useful for Donor
Consult with and provide support for development officers in
colleges and units related to establishing endowments or other
named funds and to troubleshooting existing funds.
Work with Advancement Services and Finance & Accounting to
create (and make available through Advancement HUB) user-friendly
guidelines and forms related to endowments and named funds.
Seek to enhance current processes and implement new technology
for added efficiency, improved donor experience, and benefit to
unit partners; collaborate with Business Process Management
department as needed.
Represent our donors’ best interests by providing strategic
input for process improvements through cross-team collaboration and
Applications must be submitted by January 29, 2023