Development Operations (Data) Assistant
- ClimateWorks Foundation
- California, United States
- $65,000.00 - $75,000.00
- Closing date
- Feb 18, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Planned Giving, Other Fundraising, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making, Government Relations and Advocacy, Administrative, Office Administration, Other Administrative, Public Relations and Communications
- Advocacy, Environment, Philanthropic Advisors, Social Services
- Employment Type
- Full Time
ClimateWorks Foundation is a global organization committed to our mission: to end the climate crisis by amplifying the power of philanthropy. Since our founding in 2008, we have awarded over $1.3 billion in grants to more than 600 organizations advancing climate solutions around the world. We helped grow the field of climate philanthropy to where it stands today, establishing infrastructure, global networks, and momentum for continued growth. Through our Global Programs and Services, we equip philanthropy with global knowledge, networks, and solutions to drive climate progress.
- Scaling solutions: Our collaborative Global Programs — focused on solution areas including carbon dioxide removal, cooling, industry, transportation, and more — produce results that are bending the greenhouse gas emissions curve. From the U.S. to Europe, China, Brazil, and beyond, we collaborate with a diverse community of funders, NGOs, and climate leaders to accelerate just and equitable climate solutions.
- Guiding and supporting funders: Our Global Services provide funders with comprehensive resources to assess, build, evolve, and execute high-impact climate-giving strategies. Our Global Intelligence service equips funders and the climate community with climate insights to pinpoint opportunities for impact and philanthropic insights to help identify investment priorities. We facilitate Global Collaborations that enable funders to increase individual and collective impact. Our Global Grantmaking services enable funders to invest in climate solutions around the world.
- Fostering collaboration, exploration, and growth: Our collaborative approach and commitment to learning ensures that we continuously explore innovative ideas and emerging opportunities — all with the aim of scaling philanthropy-supported initiatives to help end the climate crisis.
As experts in climate science, public policy, economic and social analysis, and strategic philanthropy, ClimateWorks’ staff understands the multi-faceted challenges and opportunities of climate change. We are researchers, strategists, collaborators, and grantmakers who care passionately about our mission. For more information, please visit www.climateworks.org.Department Summary
Led by the Vice President for Development, the Development team at ClimateWorks leads fundraising for the organization and supports efforts to generate funder interest in climate mitigation generally. The Development team works to build strategic relationships with key funders in climate mitigation to support the top climate solutions and introduces new funders to opportunities in climate philanthropy. The team works closely with ClimateWorks Executive, Finance, and Programs teams, and regional climate foundations.
The Development Operations Assistant will support the Development team by working within our Salesforce CRM system to manage all data entry, including fundraising information on: individuals and organizations, relationships, funding pipelines, grants and gift processing, deliverables, and acknowledgments. The Development Operations Assistant will be responsible for managing periodic data clean-ups for fundraising data and coordinating check-ins with each team member to review and update data and other relevant information in a timely fashion. Additionally, this role will work closely with the Development Operations Manager to track and oversee relevant workflows and processes, including the streamlining of our marketing automation system, Pardot and the Gift Entry process. The Operations Assistant will also coordinate with the full Development team on ensuring our filing systems are accurate and well-organized. This role provides key internal support for development operations and will report to the Development Operations Manager. Candidates for this role must have a strong attention to detail with demonstrated task management and organizational skills.
The Development Operations Assistant will perform the following and other duties as assigned:
- Manage data entry for all Development Program Leads including but not limited to contacts, households, relationships, and all records and communications related to grants and proposal management
- Coordinate with Development team members on a regular basis to review, manage, and update data in Salesforce in a timely fashion
- Manage all gift entry for donations to ClimateWorks
- Own and manage all gift and grant acknowledgment processing for ClimateWorks
- Collaborate with the Development Operations Manager to develop and implement new operational processes
- Collaborate with Operations colleagues to develop and manage a system and process for Pardot gifts and inquiries
- Assist the Development team with filing system management and accuracy
- Periodically review and clean Development data as needed in Salesforce
- Assist the Development Operations Manager with Development reporting as needed
ClimateWorks offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience (geographic differential applied based on location).
ClimateWorks Foundation is based in the San Francisco Financial District. This position is classified as US Flexible. Exceptional candidates can work from the SF office or from other locations, geographic differential applied to compensation based on local cost of labor.
Commitment to Racial and Social Justice
At ClimateWorks Foundation, we are driven by our vision of creating a thriving planet for all living beings for generations to come. We aim to foster an inclusive workplace that values diverse lived experiences and emphasizes the voices of marginalized people — especially Black, Indigenous, and People of Color — who are most vulnerable to climate impacts, and whose voices, ideas, and leadership are crucial to winning the climate fight.
To ensure that we are making meaningful progress, we have made a set of diversity, equity, and inclusion commitments across all dimensions of our work to further our mission and realize our vision. For more information, please visit: Fostering Racial and Social Justice in Pursuit of our Mission
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ClimateWorks Foundation and as such we are committed to creating a diverse and multi-cultural work environment. We strongly encourage and seek applications from women, people of color, and bilingual and bicultural individuals, as well as members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender communities. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, breast feeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment.
ClimateWorks Foundation is committed to complying with all laws protecting qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as employees’ religious beliefs and practices. This policy extends to all aspects of our employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, discipline, termination, promotions, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, and other terms and conditions of employment. ClimateWorks Foundation will provide a reasonable accommodation for any known physical or mental disability of a qualified individual and/or employees’ religious beliefs and practices, as required by law.
If you require an accommodation, please notify Human Resources. Once ClimateWorks Foundation is aware of the need for an accommodation, it will engage in an interactive process to identify possible accommodations.
ClimateWorks Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool. The Foundation recognizes diversity as an asset essential to accomplishing its work and views diversity as encompassing differences in race and gender/gender identity, as well as age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, job skills, education, and geographic location. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To be considered for this position, interested candidates must follow the link below to submit a resume and cover letter. This position will remain open until filled.Requirements Required Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience working at a nonprofit
- 1+ year of experience entering data into a Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) tool, preferably Salesforce
- Previous experience entering and overseeing fundraising data
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- High degree of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently (both virtually and in-person) with minimal supervision
- Ability to judge the relative importance of issues and act independently to address them, applying the appropriate level of urgency and drive to achieve results
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, prioritize and manage multiple and sometimes competing tasks, and multi-task
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion
- Tact, poise, professionalism, diplomacy, and a good sense of humor; the ability to work with a team and to interact with people from all walks of life
- Commitment to the mission and values of ClimateWorks Foundation
- A commitment to a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment
Nice to Have:
- AA, BS or BA degree
- Past work at a philanthropic and/or environmental organization
- Experience working internationally or with partners working abroad
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert