Catholic Schools Collaborative
Position: Director of Development
The Catholic Schools Collaborative (see below) seeks to
hire an experienced Director of Development to secure ongoing
financial support for our organization. The Director of Development
will partner with the Board and Executive Director to set and
achieve fundraising goals and cultivate relationships while
stewarding past donors and securing new funding streams. You will
be an active participant in fundraising activities and maintain a
social media presence.
The successful applicant will build lasting relationships with
donors and keep them informed on how their financial input is
making a difference in the lives of Catholic school students and
families. Preferred candidates will be experienced, self-motived,
deadline-driven multitaskers with development experience.
For 12 years, the Catholic Schools Collaborative
has been an architect of impactful partnerships that
establish and support multi-school efforts fostering best
practices, which can be piloted and replicated, in the areas of
academics, operations, parent engagement and social emotional
student supports at Catholic PK-8 Grade schools in lower income Los
Director of Development Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the board of directors to create and implement
a fundraising plan targeting foundations and individual gifts above
- Write and submit high quality grant proposals, letters of
inquiry and reports for programs; assist in the development of
- Steward existing donors and grow the pipeline of new donors by
conducting prospect research to identify prospective donors and
create strategies for engagement and solicitation.
- Manage fundraising and special events.
- Manage the implementation of development software.
Director of Development Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree
- Fundraising, sales, or business development experience.
- Experience with fundraising software or similar fundraising
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent computer research skills.
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Proficient with social media platforms.
- Excellent understanding of development best practices.
$65,000 - $85,000
Benefits: 401(k); Dental insurance; Health
insurance; Life insurance; Vision insurance
All employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition of
employment unless they have been approved for an exemption from the
vaccination requirement as a reasonable accommodation for a medical
condition or restriction or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Los Angeles, CA 90012
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover
letter to Ellen Holton, Executive Director at email@example.com