The Director, Corporate Relations is a creative, experienced,
entrepreneurial, results-oriented development professional who will
contribute to the overall success of the Corporate and Foundation
Relations team. The Director engages companies across the
Northeast region and beyond for fundraising purposes, which
requires a range of skills and knowledge of departmental and
organizational policies and procedure. Primary focus will be
to undertake corporate philanthropy for gifts $25,000 and up as
part of Corporate and Foundation Relations team. Works
independently with little supervision.
- Provide expertise and support to the Corporate and
Foundation Relations team with particular focus on corporate and
- In collaboration with other members of the Corporate and
Foundation Relations team, engage and solicit companies and
corporate foundations for awards ranging from in-kind donations
(including gifts of equipment to the Medical Center and silent
auction items) to major gifts, with the goal of those gifts
starting at around $25,000. In addition, engage local companies for
sponsorships of Foundation philanthropic events and Medical Center
events and activities.
- Oversee cause marketing programs on behalf of Corporate and
Foundation Relations team, engage companies for new and recurring
campaigns, and manage campaign assets, reporting and
- Conduct prospect research of corporations and foundations.
- Solicit and manage the acceptance and recognition of monetary
donations, in-kind gifts and sponsorships including the completion
of appeal and gift transmittal forms and the entry of information
into the Foundation database.
- Assist with writing or processing correspondence,
acknowledgement letters, briefings, cause marketing contracts, and
donor reports in association with Corporate and Foundations
- Represent Connecticut Children's Foundation in the community
(check presentations, networking events, meetings, Medical Center
tours, etc.) – adhering to Connecticut Children’s standards of
excellence. Host visits of corporate representatives and when
appropriate visit corporate representatives at their preferred
- Manage and oversee purchase, design and distribution of branded
items on behalf of Corporate and Foundation Relations team.
- Collaborate with internal medical center teams and corporations
interested in volunteer opportunities.
- Respond to inquiries from prospective corporate partners.
- The Director, Corporate Relations will maintain the highest
quality of standards, thus ensuring positive relationships with
past, current and potential corporate supporters.
- Demonstrates support for the mission, values and goals of the
organization through behaviors that are consistent with Connecticut
Children’s standards of excellence.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President,
Corporate and Foundation Relations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Five to ten years of relevant
work experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred.
- Experience in Public Relations, Graphic Design, Social
Media, Marketing and Communications, Philanthropy preferred.
LICENSE and/or CERTIFICATION REQUIRED
- State-issued valid driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Computer literacy and demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work without
- Creative, organized professional, with demonstrated flexibility
and ability to work with a positive attitude within the context of
a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to draft social media posts and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, while prioritizing
and successfully balancing multiple tasks and projects. Attention
to detail and meeting tight deadlines are critical for
- Exceptional judgment and ability to exercise discretion
handling confidential financial and personal information.
- Demonstrated ability to work with optimism and enthusiasm in a
team environment, achieving one’s personal goals, while supporting
others in their goals and working together on shared goals.
- Able to demonstrate all of the Connecticut Children’s Core