The Adrienne Arsht Center seeks a skilled major gifts officer to
join our team in achieving our major gift fundraising, endowment
campaign and planned giving objectives. Reporting to the Vice
President, Development, the Senior Director of Development, Major
Gifts will be responsible for identifying and cultivating
relationships with donors.
This involves prospect research and developing effective
solicitation strategies as well as stewarding donors throughout the
major giving process. The major gift officer will focus on a
donor portfolio emphasizing gifts of $100,000 or greater.
This individual will work with our board members, staff leaders
and President and CEO to coordinate and execute long-term
fundraising initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have at least
seven years of proven success of major gift experience, preferably
in the performing arts field.
The candidate will also have a thorough background in
fundraising best practices and donor databases for managing donor
and solicitation records.
- Implements strategic initiatives as they relate to Arsht
Center’s fundraising goals through gifts in excess of
- In collaboration with the Vice President, Development,
identifies prospects and assists in developing plans for
solicitations, solicits gifts in addition to assisting with the
coordination of solicitations by others.
- Works collaboratively with other Arsht Center executives to
ensure effective attainment of strategic and annual goals and
objectives, including fundraising goals and objectives.
- Maintains and develops the master prospect list of individual
- Maintains and submits call reports to Vice President,
- Ensures compliance with the provisions of all federal, state,
and local regulatory standards and reporting requirements.
- Assists the Vice President, Development in formulating an
annual plan for the Development department and overseeing its
- Manages individual donors through the identification,
cultivation and solicitation of major gifts for annual support and
- Maintains active donor stewardship through the development and
constant refinement of the master prospect list of individual
donors and oversight of a vibrant and dynamic donor prospect
- Develops and maintains ongoing analytical and tracking reports
for major gifts, membership and endowment programs.
- Develops and implements strategies for upgrading current donors
for unrestricted and restricted fundraising
- Under the supervision of the Vice President, Development
engages the Board of Trustees to enhance the Board's fundraising
capacity and role.
- Works in close consultation with and advises the Manager
Special Events on individual donor participation on committees and
in fundraising events.
- Assists in the supervision of staff members responsible for
membership as it relates to annual giving.
- Performs other duties as deemed appropriate by the Vice
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least five to seven years of director-level experience in
fundraising including leadership of staff and ability to solicit
gifts in excess of $100,000
- A proven record of securing major gifts
- Experience in a performing arts organization, museum, or other
- Experience in working in ethnically diverse and/or
- Experience with strategic and operational planning and
implementation of fundraising initiatives
- Experience with membership campaigns
- Experience with multiple fundraising disciplines
- Experience with budget preparation
- Familiarity with the South Florida arts community
- Experience working in a large, complex organization and general
venue operations knowledge
- Understanding of collaborative, team-oriented leadership
The Senior Director of Development, Major Gifts should be:
- Action-oriented; a doer
- Determined and persistent
- Highly energetic
- Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
- Have a passion for the performing arts
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push,
grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may
frequently lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands
from multiple people and interact with the public and other
Suggestions for candidates and
expressions of interest should be addressed
with Senior Director of Development, Major
on search in the title line.
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned
to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this
position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to
change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or
organization. The job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to
change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity
employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly
believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals
represented both onstage and off.