(Individual and Corporate Donors)
$40,000 to $45,000 Annually
401K, Medical, Dental, Vision
Boca Raton, Florida with an
opportunity for hybrid remote work on occasion
Do empathy and compassion drive you? Are you looking to create a
direct impact on the coastal environment and sea turtles every day?
Are you excited by the opportunity to raise funds for worthwhile
endeavors? Then Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards has something for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for the right individual to join
our team as our Fundraising Coordinator. This position works with
our teams to launch donor relations strategies that continue the
growth of our donor community. With the benefit of mentorship and
support of an experienced professional development consultant, this
position will create processes to help cultivate new relationships
with companies and individuals who support our organization so we
may continue the important work of coastal conservation and
supporting sea turtles in our care.
- With the benefit of the development consultant’s leadership,
design fundraising strategies for the approval of the CEO.
Implementing the approved strategies, the coordinator will directly
increase donor revenue year over year.
- Design and implement fundraising strategies with the benefit of
the development consultant’s leadership. Ultimately providing
increased revenue from donors.
- Maintain and manage our donor database and records for the CEO.
Input donor activity, create queries, export mailing list, run
reports, and rsvp tracking.
- Work with the CEO and development consultant to ensure the
successful planning, execution, evaluation, and continued
enhancement of all donor engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring that there is staff support of all
- Contribute to the design and project management of fundraising
- Interact with recipients, donors, prospects, and other
constituents in person, online, or by phone to learn about their
experience with sea turtles, coastal conservation, and Gumbo Limbo
- Create and coordinate donor communications, track, and analyze
results, and initiate appropriate follow-up actions in partnership
with the development consultant.
- Manage donor and supporter recognition, including sending thank
you packages, personal notes, and other forms of recognition in a
- Provide excellent customer service by accommodating donors’
special needs and requests as appropriate.
- Work closely with our CEO, development consultant, Development
Task Force, and Mar/Comm Team in developing engaging fundraising
campaigns and assist with the process of communications,
newsletters, annual reports, and other printed materials.
- Respond to referrals of major gifts and planned giving
prospects from the Development Task Force and other sources in a
- Monthly and quarterly reporting of fundraising
- Belief and support of the Gumbo Limbo Coastal Steward’s
- Commitment to transform the experience of donors.
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building and communication
- Customer service skills to be applied when working with donors,
volunteers, vendors, etc.
- Growth mindset actively seeks opportunities and proposes
- Excellent time management, prioritizing, and organizational
Don’t think you have everything for this role but
are still very interested? Please don’t hesitate to apply. We’d
love to hear from you!
Please note, Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards goes through an
incredibly intentional process for hiring new team members and will
accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is
filled. Thank you for your patience and interest in joining our
Gumbo Limbo Coastal Stewards is an equal-opportunity
employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical
disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship
status, military status, protected veteran status or any other
category protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
Office Suite (Proficient)
Fundraising: 1-3 years (Preferred)
Curating a Donor Database (Preferred)