- Princeton Public Library
- New Jersey, United States
- Salary Commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Feb 23, 2023
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Annual Fund, Capital Campaigns, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Donor Relations, Fundraising Administration, Grant Seeking, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Prospect Research, Other Fundraising, Administrative, Office Administration, Other Administrative
- Community Development, Education, For-Profit Companies, Museum, Other Fields, Philanthropic Advisors
- Employment Type
- Full Time
The Princeton Public Library seeks to hire a Development Director to lead the Princeton Public Library’s fundraising efforts to secure capital, endowment, annual, planned, and special purpose gifts, and to identify grants and other sources of funding to supplement municipal funding dedicated to the library. The Development Director develops strategies to attain the library’s annual and long-range fundraising goals that attract private contributions to the library. The Development Director cultivates, solicits, recognizes and provides stewardship for current and prospective donors and works collaboratively with library stakeholders to advance the overall development effort.
Renowned for the world-class university that shares its name, Princeton is a vibrant and diverse community located halfway between New York and Philadelphia. Considered the heart of the community, the library is a sought-after partner to local organizations and has been ranked as a five-star institution on the Library Journal Index of Public Library Service for the past six years in a row. Working alongside a creative and dedicated staff, the Head of Adult Services will have an opportunity to drive the future of the library through initiating and collaborating on high-stakes projects that improve the quality of life for Princeton’s approximately 30,000 residents.
- Provides strategic leadership for the planning, implementation, evaluation, and administration of all fundraising activities.
- Plans and facilitates major fundraising initiatives in conjunction with the Executive Director, Library Board of Trustees, Library Friends and Foundation, volunteers, and other members of the senior library staff.
- Establishes targets for fundraising campaigns, identifies prospective donors and develops strategies for securing gifts.
- Works collaboratively with the Friends and Foundation and its committees on fundraising initiatives including major campaigns, the annual benefit and special events.
- Identifies grants to support library programs, special initiatives, recognition awards, capital needs and library materials. Prepares funding proposals for government, corporate, public and private foundation support by working with staff, grant writers and others.
- Increases the library’s visibility and positions the library as an organization worthy of support. Implements innovative practices and uses new technologies to improve operations.
- Works with the Executive Director and other senior staff to prepare applications and/or letters of support for library and individual recognition awards.
- Bachelor’s degree required and demonstrated experience with fundraising and development activities for a non-profit organization.
- New Jersey residency required by the “New Jersey First Act”, N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70). If you do not reside in New Jersey, you have one year after the date you take your employment to relocate your residence to New Jersey. If you do not do so, you are subject to removal from your position.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual Spanish language skills would be helpful.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting annual salary is negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Comprehensive benefits package including paid vacation, holidays, personal, and sick time, medical/dental/vision, life insurance, and professional development support.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert