The Legion of Christ, a community of Catholic priests and part
of the Regnum Christi ecclesial movement, is pleased to invite
applicants for the position of Direct Mail Program Director.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and working
closely with the Chief of Staff (COS), the Director will oversee
all aspects of the Direct Mail program including online
solicitations. He/she will lead, execute, and manage the direct
response plan in support of the Legionaries of Christ and the
growth of donors including the pursuit of new donors willing to
support the mission.
He/she will oversee project scheduling, tracking and quality
assurance; content creation and editing; provide art direction,
contribute new ideas, and route material between internal key
stakeholders and external vendors.
The Director is an integral member of the Executive Team.
Minimum of 7 to 10 years of experience with direct mail content,
acquisition and renewal programs, and production is a must.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate
Project Management & Content Creation:
- Direct and maintain Direct Response production schedule and
project management scheduling templates.
- Oversee the direct response internal processes, ensuring
accurate execution of annual, monthly, and weekly direct mail
projects, communicating with content, creative, data, production
teams and our partner agencies.
- Work with internal stakeholders as well as external vendors to
create and edit content for direct mail projects (print and online)
to optimize controls and develop new package tests – and obtain all
- Assist with content creation and review across other channels,
including but not limited to email, ensuring
- Review and provide feedback for multiple rounds of art and
proofs both internally and from partner agencies, ensuring brand
- Provide creative direction to designers for each mail project
created in-house both for acquisition and renewal mailings.
- Conduct regular data analysis to ensure discovery, cultivation,
solicitation and stewardship goals are met.
- Create donor reports.
- Report on conversion metrics from direct and email marketing
- Adjust program as necessary.
- Experience in CRMs (Salesforce a plus).
Team Collaboration and Communication:
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication
- Collaborate with the CDO and COS to create and implement a
comprehensive annual fundraising plan to achieve budgeted goals and
- Promote and support a strong development culture of harmony and
professionalism, commitment to mission.
- Attend and participate in bi-annual team meetings and monthly
executive team meetings.
- Work with team to identify leads for stories or to leverage
stories and assets being used across channels to help compel
supporters to donate or engage with the organization.
- Contribute ideas to testing discussions and thematic planning
during executive team meetings, as well as throughout the
- Collaborate and work with the broader development team in ways
that support the Legion of Christ’s core values of communion,
collaboration, trust, accountability and subsidiarity.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Development and the
Director of Planned Giving.
- Work closely with outside vendors and consultants with long
- This remote-based position (which requires approximately 15%
travel) is open to all candidates based within the United
Desired Leadership and Experience
- Executive level experience with leadership and administration
of nonprofit organizations.
- Familiarity with Catholic doctrine and practice is a bona fide
qualification for this position.
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive Director level salary,
$85k to $115k commensurate with experience, along with a
comprehensive benefit package.
Interested qualified individuals should apply at:
Application must include a meaningful Cover Letter and