- Build and carry an active portfolio of 40 - 80 prospective
- Engage in qualification, strategy development, relationship
building and closing of major gift(s) at $1,000,000+ for
- Within 18 months of start date, consistently produce $5,000,000
- $8,000,000 per year.
- Participate in goal setting, proposal preparation, strategy
development, and stewardship as required for donors in the
- Successfully and consistently deliver funding proposals to
prospective and current donors.
- Effectively work with, communicate with, and collaborate with
faculty, academic leaders, and other development staff to develop
campus-wide funding opportunities and reach campaign goals.
- Maintain appropriate electronic documentation on a timely
basis, including engagement activities, proposal tracking, contact
reports, donor strategies, and forecasting in VIP.
- Record timely reports, letters, proposals, or gift agreements
following a donor contact.
- Work collaboratively, proactively, and in a professional,
service-oriented manner with all University development officers to
further the development goals of the University.
Bachelor’s Degree. Demonstrated ability to execute successful
full-cycle donor strategy. High degree of emotional intelligence.
Demonstrated ability to show tenacity and be nimble. Ability to
drive results. Highly effective communication skills (written,
verbal, interpersonal). Ability to think strategically and
creatively and work well under pressure. Project management skills.
Capable of working independently, while also engaging in
collaboration between teams. Ability to travel frequently to visit
prospects and donors. Ability to use discretion and maintain
integrity and professionalism. Relevant education and
experience may be substituted as appropriate.